'06 mileage question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orbit398

Reaction score
I have an '03 with about 10K on it. Runs and looks like new.

My dad is looking at an '06 with 22K highway miles. He can purchase it for around 9K and it's real nice. It has all the service records ect and is in great condition.

He is concerned on the high miles. What do all you think about the miles? Things he should really pay close attention too? Any thoughts appreciated.

I have an '03 with about 10K on it. Runs and looks like new.
My dad is looking at an '06 with 22K highway miles. He can purchase it for around 9K and it's real nice. It has all the service records ect and is in great condition.

He is concerned on the high miles. What do all you think about the miles? Things he should really pay close attention too? Any thoughts appreciated.

High milage??????? It's just brobken in. With all the records and it being an '06 he will be fine. Make sure he checks to see if it is and "A" model (the one with a clutch) or the "AE" model (the one with the paddle shifter which works just fine too). Many have over 100 K with no probems. It may also have an extended warranty --- you can check with Yamaha on that.

I have an '06 and they fixed the heat problem if there was ever one that was that bad so he is getting the Gen II bike which most think is preferable.

I wish him good luck but you will then have to get an '08 to keep upp with old Dad.

I wish him good luck but you will then have to get an '08 to keep upp with old Dad.

I thought that the 2003 to 2005 bikes where lighter and faster...... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.