06 oem tall shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody have the tall (touring ) shield from yamaha yet if so whats your impression-thanks

My Yamaha touring (tall) shield arrived Thursday - ordered from UMotors. It is still in the box, mother nature decided we did not have enough cold and wet weather, been in the 20's with snow flurries. Hope to install it tomorrow and ride next week.

I should get some riding in next week - at least back and forth to work (70 mile round trip with 15 miles each way on I 25 - 75 mph speed limit)

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody have the tall (touring ) shield from yamaha yet if so whats your impression-thanks

My Yamaha touring (tall) shield arrived Thursday - ordered from UMotors. It is still in the box, mother nature decided we did not have enough cold and wet weather, been in the 20's with snow flurries. Hope to install it tomorrow and ride next week.

I should get some riding in next week - at least back and forth to work (70 mile round trip with 15 miles each way on I 25 - 75 mph speed limit)
Please post back on your findings. I am considering one. I want the factory one because it will have nicely finished edges, not the saw tooth edges the Cal Sci has, and it should be tinted, I hope. I think the tinted ones look much better.

But, how does it work?

Thanks

I did install the the touring (tall) Yamaha windshield today. But it was too cold 34 F with flurries to go test it. :angry2:

The weather forecast for the week is not encouraging, cool with afternoon showers all week... If the weather breaks I will go for a ride. :)

I did lay the original windshield on top of the tall windshield. Hope the picture shows the size difference. Sitting on the FJR and raising the windshield to the maximum height, I was look through (not over) the tall windshield - I am 6 ft tall with a 30 in inseam - so I guess I will ride with it between 1/2 and 3/4 of the maximum height.

standardandtallyamahawindshield.jpg

Please post back on your findings. I am considering one. I want the factory one because it will have nicely finished edges, not the saw tooth edges the Cal Sci has, and it should be tinted, I hope. I think the tinted ones look much better.

But, how does it work?

Thanks
Have you had enough time to evaluate this shield yet? I am oh so curious.

Have you had enough time to evaluate this shield yet? I am oh so curious.

I have only put a few miles on it - the weather has been ugly. It was nice Sunday, but I decided to spend the day installing the McCruise I bought :D

During the few miles I did put on saturday, I did decide that I needed to keep it move than 3/4 of way up to keep the wind at the top of my helmet - 6' 0" tall - 30" inseam.

I live in northern Colorado and when I rode the wind was really blowing - the larger shield did great riding into the wind, but almost nothing for the cross wind - but I did not expect it too - I guess I just noticed the crosswind more because of the calmer air behind the shield!

I do like it better than the stock shield but I still might try the VStream yet!

Last edited by a moderator: