06 Risers!?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stiltz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea on where i can get some risers.?? I do not need the bars closer, just raised up a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
HELI sent me risers to test mount on my HELI triple clamp two weeks ago for a trip through colorado, n. mexico and utah. They work great although they are a lighter shade of grey than the handle bars. Go to https://www.helibars.com. It looks like orders will be taken starting next week. Well worth it.

Does anyone have any idea on where i can get some risers.?? I do not need the bars closer, just raised up a little bit.

Stilz, be sure your read that you have to have their triple tree clamp on first to use those. If you have a small fortune laying around, go for it.

Stilz, be sure your read that you have to have their triple tree clamp on first to use those. If you have a small fortune laying around, go for it.
Thanks for the heads up fjrchik.... i am bummin now. i am 6'6" and do not need them back any, only up. I had gotten a set from Doug Hines previously, but he asked for them back, so i sent them back to him. Sure wish someone would come up with some for the 06. But so far i may just have to make them myself. (was tryin to avoid that).

Last edited by a moderator:
So make'em and sell'em. I'll buy a set.
I may do just that. - After i finish my custom made highway pegs for the 06. Then i may tackle the handlebar "adjuster" and bolt situation that Mamayama thought up after a bender......lol B)

I will post some pics of the highway pegs when i am finished with them. If enough people like them, i may consider mass production.

It's amazing that so many of us have to spend so much time and $'s adding things that should have been there in the first place. Yamaha, are you listening? We want throttle locks and loud horns and heated grips and highway pegs and real adjustable bars and....

Never mind. We couldn't afford that bike anyway. Plus it would take away all the fun of trying to find that little company that makes this great little farkle that with only a weekend of work we can adapt to fit onto our favorite ride.

Have a look at 1tail.com as they seem to be making an honest attempt to put everybody right about the availability of gem-mar risers for the 2006 models. there is a prediction there that the risers will be available shortly and they are very clear about the fact that the earlier risers will not fit the 2006 handlebars.

I called the heli-bar people and asked if their risers alone would work without the triple-clamp but they emphatically said no, that the whole kit has to be bought-making it pretty expensive. They even changed their website to make that clear.

I guess we all will have to wait a while for gen-mar to come through with the product.

cheers

I can't understand why Doug Hines is not selling them again with new stronger bolts. I know he recalled the second batch of 2006 risers because some customers snapped the bolts while installing them but I don't think he recalled the the original '06 risers.

I think Doug lost a fair bit of money on the risers with the snags etc. I may be wrong, but I don't blame him for not wanting to go through the hassle again.

No insult intended, but I have to say I don't understand the desire to put riders on the '06. I'm a little guy and the seating position is nearly perfect for me. Given the seat height and such, I can't imagine too many people smaller than me riding this bike - not so many as to cause high market place demand for risers, anyway.

If I sat any more upright on this bike, I'd be right back to the GL/Cruiser issue with vibes and shock running right up my spine. I can't imagine anyone's actually *looking* for that.

So, I guess I'm curious as to what body sizes and seating styles are people looking for when getting risers on the '06?

Thanks.

No insult intended, but I have to say I don't understand the desire to put riders on the '06. I'm a little guy and the seating position is nearly perfect for me. Given the seat height and such, I can't imagine too many people smaller than me riding this bike - not so many as to cause high market place demand for risers, anyway. If I sat any more upright on this bike, I'd be right back to the GL/Cruiser issue with vibes and shock running right up my spine. I can't imagine anyone's actually *looking* for that.

So, I guess I'm curious as to what body sizes and seating styles are people looking for when getting risers on the '06?
I'm a "little guy" too, and I'd love to move the bars up a bit (and a bit closer) The answer here is twofold, everyones body is diffrent (you can be shorter than me but have longer arms, or a bigger ass...lol) so fine tuning ergos may not be just as simple as height.

And secondly, everyone has their own "ideal" position they are looking for, so some folks may wish to sit more upright and some may wish to lean a bit more forward. It's just a matter of personal prefrence..and riding style...(some like their arms bent more and some like them straight...)

KM