06 Stator Output

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howardp73

Reaction score
Hi,

A Yamaha rep from Cypress made a comment that the alternator output on the '06 bike was increased. He said that the increase was on both the auto-clutch and manual clutch model. He said it was increased to 500+ watts, I think he said it was 520 but not sure of the exact amount. Now that bikes are being delivered has anyone checked this out?

Hi,A Yamaha rep from Cypress made a comment that the alternator output on the '06 bike was increased. He said that the increase was on both the auto-clutch and manual clutch model. He said it was increased to 500+ watts, I think he said it was 520 but not sure of the exact amount. Now that bikes are being delivered has anyone checked this out?
I'm on record as saying that it didn't because if Yamaha had changed it they would have made a note about it in their promotional material. I even put money down on a bet and one of the other fair members of this forum is paying up at WFO as it couldn't be substantiated. Service manual on 2005 and earlier says "14V/490W @ 5,000 rpm". One would need to check the '06 service manual if they're out yet.

In the meantime, don't count on an increase from the stock stator.

Hi,

A Yamaha rep from Cypress made a comment that the alternator output on the '06 bike was increased. He said that the increase was on both the auto-clutch and manual clutch model. He said it was increased to 500+ watts, I think he said it was 520 but not sure of the exact amount. Now that bikes are being delivered has anyone checked this out?
I'm on record as saying that it didn't because if Yamaha had changed it they would have made a note about it in their promotional material. I even put money down on a bet and one of the other fair members of this forum is paying up at WFO as it couldn't be substantiated. Service manual on 2005 and earlier says "14V/490W @ 5,000 rpm". One would need to check the '06 service manual if they're out yet.

In the meantime, don't count on an increase from the stock stator.
+1. They like to say as to how the other changes were rider influenced, and mention them in every press release, but not a peep about more juice. If it had it, they'd say it, and then some.