06 Top Case Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwavey

Reaction score
The SHAD topcase rack for the 06 still isn't available in Canada, the importer keeps pushing the expected date to the right. Does anyone know if it's available in the US?

Last word from my dealer about the Givi topcase rack for the 06 is that the Canadian distributor hasn't decided to import it yet. Is there still a problem getting them in the US or are they now readily available?

Are there any US dealers who are willing to ship either to us poor deprived Canucks? I'd love to have a topcase in time for WFO5, otherwise I'll have to use the pack off of my dogsled.

Well, I gave up on waiting for the importer to get the SHAD rack in. Contacted University Motors on the 17th and asked if they could have a GIVI rack in my hands within the week so I could install it in time for departure to WFO5. They said they'd try their best. Lo and behold, I come home today from picking up my GIVI E52 from my usual parts dealer and there it is, the GIVI rack. When you figure it had to get half way across the continent, clear customs, and get handled by Canada Post on this side of the border, it was no mean feat it made it in time. Thanks guys at UM for getting it in the express post mail immediately. And at a reasonable price too!

Two big pains in the arse during the install, one was getting the little rubber pieces to stay on the rack when setting it in position, lost a couple of pieces down the side, and hooking up the stop lights. I'll eventually have to put a quick connect on the wiring to facilitate removing the rack. Biggest pain was the lousy instructions. I can understand GIVI's problem of having to have something in all the different languages they deal with; maybe a more detailed instruction on their website would be something for them to look at. Glad there were lots of tips available on this forum.

OK, lots of trunk space now, have to go pack up to leave for WFO tomorrow morning. YEEEEHHHAAAAA!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: