06 Yamaha touring windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmith1000

Reaction score
I have recently installed the yamaha touring windshield for my two week old 06AE. It is definitely significantly taller. I am 6 1 with a 31 inch inseem, and am kinda all torso, so my head is up there pretty good. Even with the seat in the lower position, I still look over the windshield in full up with an plenty of view to spare.

So after riding, here is the final report. It is definitely a very big improvement. Reduced buffeting and noise. But I put a couple hundred miles on with the screen, some highway, some back roads, some city, and I gotta say, I'm still not happy. While its better, it is still very noisy, and the dirty air is flowing right on top of my helmet. This is causing some buffeting. So I am considering a Cal Sci... If I was an inch or two shorter or had a different helmet, (have a notoriously noisy HJC) it would probably work fine. Any suggestions?

djsmith... I'll make you deal on my CalSci ;) I'm jonesin for one of the Cee Bailey reverse flips like tstaff or maybe the v-stream.

I'm fairly happy with how it covers me in the UP position and it's OK in the down. I'm right at 6-foot, though I'm taller in the upper body (only a 29.5 inch inseam) which puts me about the same as my dad helmet height wise who's 6'2.

Let me know... We can work something out, maybe I'll meet you half-way for lunch or something ;)

-MD

I have a 4" taller and 2" wider Ceebailey that I am very happy with. I am only 5-11 but with windshield full up there is very little wind. You might want to add the reverse lip to yours so as to furhter reduce nose and buffeting. CB also has a very good tech department that will actually return phone calls with questions.

djsmith... I'll make you deal on my CalSci ;) I'm jonesin for one of the Cee Bailey reverse flips like tstaff or maybe the v-stream.
I'm fairly happy with how it covers me in the UP position and it's OK in the down. I'm right at 6-foot, though I'm taller in the upper body (only a 29.5 inch inseam) which puts me about the same as my dad helmet height wise who's 6'2.

Let me know... We can work something out, maybe I'll meet you half-way for lunch or something ;)

-MD
Sounds good! Is yours an X-tall? I think I will need at least that. I will actually be down ur way within a couple weeks since I am going to look for a place in Columbus, IN. Got a job down there.

I'm abut your dimensions (33" inseam) with a CeeBailey +4 width and +4 height and still get popping on top of my helmet. Unless it's really cold, I put the windshield down slightly and get a smooth air break at about nose height. Much quieter. I'm curious about the report on the +4 with a flip, though.

Bob

-MD
Sounds good! Is yours an X-tall? I think I will need at least that. I will actually be down ur way within a couple weeks since I am going to look for a place in Columbus, IN. Got a job down there.
I'm not sure... Let's just do this... I can measure the screen and give you the dimensions. When we hook up, you can try it out. ;) Takes ~10 mins to install?

Columbus is a hop skip and a jump from Trenton, OH

There's good eatin around Brookville, and other areas in In.

-MD
I'm not sure... Let's just do this... I can measure the screen and give you the dimensions. When we hook up, you can try it out. ;) Takes ~10 mins to install?

Columbus is a hop skip and a jump from Trenton, OH

There's good eatin around Brookville, and other areas in In.
Sounds good. Ill be in touch in a week or so when I am available.

FWIW...CB's: +4, +4, light grey, w/ flip

I'm 6'2" and have a 34" inseam. The CB works well and essentially eliminates all wind noise with my Arai Astral-X in the full up position. In the full down position, the air is hitting me around the neck. I have a HJC SyMax (noisy flip-up), but I haven't tried it to see what the noise difference on that is.

FWIW...CB's: +4, +4, light grey, w/ flip
I'm 6'2" and have a 34" inseam. The CB works well and essentially eliminates all wind noise with my Arai Astral-X in the full up position. In the full down position, the air is hitting me around the neck. I have a HJC SyMax (noisy flip-up), but I haven't tried it to see what the noise difference on that is.

+1 here, I have the same windshield and love it. Shoei Multitech helmet, around town with the winshield down is perfect, at highway+ speeds a couple inches up and the buffetting is gone and quiet.

The only bad thing about it is there some negative pressure on the front of my jacket at highway speeds and it makes me look like like I have a triple D set of man boobs.

On the plus side some guy asked me out at a stop light for some drinks and dinner, wonder if I should shave my back?