07-08 windshield difference?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsjr

Reaction score
I purchased a 2007 (stock height) used windshield for my 2008 bike, looking to save dollars on the $165.00 web price for the windshield listed for my 2008 model. I talked to Ty at Yamaha in CA to make sure the windshield I purchased did not have any anti-scratch coating on it so I could rub to my heart's content to get the scratches out. So I asked him about the anti-scratch coating on the 2008 windshield and was told there wasn't any, it was just made from a "tough polycarbonate". OK, so what's the difference I asked in the manufacturing and was told there wasn't any; so does anybody know why the price for the 2008 bike's shield is doubled from the other Gen II bikes, if there is no magical coating? With the sanding and rubbing I did, I can assure all there is not coating on the 2007 shield. I searched the forum and some talked about the "coating", so I am really confused.

Thanks,

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
You have it right . . . the '08 introduced the hard coated windshield.

As to why it is so expensive, I can't say, because the touring windshield is about $110 and THAT is hard coated.

I just bought a screen from an '08 from a fellow member. Hopefully it is sitting at the mail drop for pickup this week.