07 or 08 ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl_1300

Reaction score
I have been lusting over a FJR for about 2 years now. My local dealer has both the black cherry 07 and the black 08. My question is how much cheaper should the 07 need to be to make it a good deal?

Not sure how much the '08's are going for, but I got my '07 a few weeks ago for $10,669 plus taxes and licensing fees.

Seems they very upon location and dealer volume on the 07's.

Got my 08' 14450 out the door here in Cali.

Have seen the 07's for 11500 plus taxes and fees at a low volume dealership. Hence why he still has them.

Go 4 the 07,

Unless u gotta have black. The bikes are virtually the same. I love the way my Black ZXTEN looks(only when she is very very clean)!! I hate how fast it looks dirty and how every slight scratch/swurls in the gloss shows through the finish. I must say that I will probably never own another Black bike again(to ride at least). Maybe just for the showroom!! They sure look sweet all cleaned up though!! Just my .02..

WW

I just went with an 07 because I saved $2800 over the 08. :) The little upgrades would have been nice, but not $2800 nice. If I really get sick of the color, which after seeing it out in the sun I don't think I will, I have a friend that sprays cars that will spray the bike for me for the cost of paint... and I can buy a lot of paint for $2800. :)

that's exactly what I paid for my 07 in what will be a year in mid March. Couldn't get a dealer for miles around the Bay Area to deal, budge, or toss in a discount on even the extended warranty. :(

Seems they very upon location and dealer volume on the 07's.
Got my 08' 14450 out the door here in Cali.

Have seen the 07's for 11500 plus taxes and fees at a low volume dealership. Hence why he still has them.

Not sure how much the '08's are going for, but I got my '07 a few weeks ago for $10,669 plus taxes and licensing fees.
Would you be willing to share the dealer you purchased from as I have friend looking to purchase and that is a very aggressive price. I told him to hold off for a day or so as he was going to pay 11500 for an 07 + tax title and license until I told him about your price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my 07 Black Cherry for 11.600 and was happy about that ... till I just read about the 10,500 deal. I was intent on getting the 08 because the black looks so great ... but seeing the black cherry in person, combined with a couple of grand in my pocket ... it was a done deal.

-Greg

The black cherry definitely looks better in person... out in the sun in person... not under fluorescent lights in person. When I first saw my FJR at the dealer under the fluorescent lights it looked like a weird brown baby poop color. The guy was like "oh it's much different when you get it out in the sun." I didn't believe him, but he wheeled it outside (luckily it was the only sunny day in weeks) and the color is really awesome.

I shouldn't be surprised... my last bike was the same way.

I struggled with the same question, and decided to go for the 2007....

Used the $$$ saved on the price difference for the personal changes I wanted to make....windshield, top case, pegs, etc....

Either way, just buy one, and get to punchin holes in the wind !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Va Beach I just bought my 08 for 13500 OTD. Ofcourse it was broken down to 11,900 plus tax, processing fee, freight, and setup. I debated between the 07 and 08 because I could have saved some money but when I saw the Black Metallic (Raven) I just had to have the 08. My last bike was a HD in Vivid Black and was much harder to keep clean. Also swirl marks were always showing up due to it having no metallic. We started at 15400 OTD and quickly got to a deal when he knew I was buying that day and had a certified check ready to spend. It did not hurt that I told him I could fly for 178.00 and buy a bike elsewhere for 11995 the next day with my check. Good luck!

Would you be willing to share the dealer you purchased from as I have friend looking to purchase and that is a very aggressive price. I told him to hold off for a day or so as he was going to pay 11500 for an 07 + tax title and license until I told him about your price.
Randall Noe Yamaha in Rockwall, Texas. I think I got the last "A" model, but he may have some "AE's" left.

I have been lusting over a FJR for about 2 years now. My local dealer has both the black cherry 07 and the black 08. My question is how much cheaper should the 07 need to be to make it a good deal?

Yesterday, I bought a dealer's last 2007 FJR AE. Less than $14K OTD. Subtract the taxes and registration fees and the KBB value is almost what I paid for the bike. Zero depreciation = happiness.