'08 FJR handlebar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightflyer

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the FJR (1 week-08 1300A). It looks like the '08 1300A models have redesigned handlebars and triple trees from what I can tell through pictures. Are there any aftermarket risers that fit the '08 model? Any recommendations? Any links to previous discussions on the subject?

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseam but I'm new here and new to the FJR. BTW, as a current '06 Honda Goldwing owner I'm as happy as a pig in mud over my new FJR!! What a great machine! I just keep going out to the garage just to look at it. The torque and power are intoxicating and my FUN factor needle is pegged! :yahoo:

Heli makes a replacement triple tree clamp that sets the the bars back and raises them too.

Helibars website

I have the old version which had separate risers...the current version has the risers incorporated

into the TT. It's a bit pricey...but well worth the cost in my opinion.

Here are a few pics of mine.

Helibars.jpg

Helibars2.jpg

Helibars_wRisers.jpg

Heli makes a replacement triple tree clamp that sets the the bars back and raises them too.
Helibars website

I have the old version which had separate risers...the current version has the risers incorporated

Thanks, Tbird.

I actually came across that website after I asked the question. I was hoping for something a little less expensive but they look good.

Helibars website

Thanks, Tbird.

I actually came across that website after I asked the question. I was hoping for something a little less expensive but they look good.
I went with the Gen Mar 1" risers on my 08. They claim to move the bars back 1/2", but I don't know if they do. For the price they work very well. Google them.

GP

Helibars website

Thanks, Tbird.

I went with the Gen Mar 1" risers on my 08. They claim to move the bars back 1/2", but I don't know if they do. For the price they work very well. Google them.

GP

Thanks, GPRIDER...

Do you happen to have a pic of the risers (can't find a pic online but found where I can buy them)? Did they work without modifying the existing cables and hoses?

Helibars website

Thanks, Tbird.

GP

Thanks, GPRIDER...

Do you happen to have a pic of the risers (can't find a pic online but found where I can buy them)? Did they work without modifying the existing cables and hoses?

Nevermind...I found them online (pic included) and ordered a pair. Thanks again!

I have a set of Helibars on my 2008 and love them. They really take a lot of the vibration out of the handle bars.

Look at them they are twice as thick and really stablize the front end. You can hit the twistys twice as hard without the front end flexing to much. Well worth the money from my point of view.

As far as installation, its is as easy as can be. The only hard part (if you call it that) was drilling out the ingition switch. That's if you don't have a drill press. I didn't so it took a little more time to get the ingition switch off the tree.