'08 windshield for an '06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
Up here in Kanada, some things are inexpensive (Mirrors are about $70, for example) and others are very pricey (they quoted me $300+ for an '08 windshield).

I know that the OEM windshield for my '06 is worth about $45 in the US - so the obvious question would be 'how much is the '08 windshield in the US - but they don't have the parts fiche online for the '08 at Yamaha yet.

So the key questions are in the title;

1. Is it really hard coated/scratch resistant?

2. Will it fit

3. How much does it cost?

TTA

Last edited by a moderator:
Up here in Kanada, some things are inexpensive (Mirrors are about $70, for example) and others are very pricey (they quoted me $300+ for an '08 windshield).
I know that the OEM windshield for my '06 is worth about $45 in the US - so the obvious question would be 'how much is the '08 windshield in the US - but they don't have the parts fiche online for the '08 at Yamaha yet.

So the key questions are in the title;

1. Is it really hard coated/scratch resistant?

2. Will it fit

3. How much does it cost?

TTA
Not sure about the fit/hard coat but I found this to be the cheapest online parts supply around. www.cheapcycleparts.com. OEM equipment and if not mistaken about $150 for the windshield.

Not sure about the fit/hard coat but I found this to be the cheapest online parts supply around. www.cheapcycleparts.com. OEM equipment and if not mistaken about $150 for the windshield.
Ron Ayers wants $65 for an '06 / '07 windshield. These guys seem to want $150 for an '08 . . . Ronayers comes up with the same price when I paste their part into Ron Ayers site.

Seems expensive (albeit cheaper than up here in the land of 'please charge us more')- I can buy TWO stock shields for my '06 and have money left over!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. That was what Yamaha advertised as a change for the '08.2. Yes, remember the comparison matrix.

3. Again, advertised and priced on the Yamaha website.
Thanks for the research. I'd never seen that pdf before. But Yamaha says they reviosed the windshield mechanism (again) for 2008, so I'm not certain they are interchangeable, not to mention I was looking for a price. And $150 for what seems to be a smaller version of the $100 touring shield, built in quantity is not reasoable.

I had the touring windshield - got rid of it after 60 miles. I'm simply not interested in riding behind a barn door, thanks.

What I'm looking for is a less scratch-prone variant of the OEM shield.

Thanks for the research. I'd never seen that pdf before. But Yamaha says they reviosed the windshield mechanism (again) for 2008, so I'm not certain they are interchangeable, not to mention I was looking for a price. And $150 for what seems to be a smaller version of the $100 touring shield, built in quantity is not reasoable.
I had the touring windshield - got rid of it after 60 miles. I'm simply not interested in riding behind a barn door, thanks.

What I'm looking for is a less scratch-prone variant of the OEM shield.
It sounds like you should take a look at CeeBailey

Yamaha FJR 1300 Standard OEM Factory '06 & UP Windshield
Standard FJR OEM factory windshield:

19" high measured along the centerline of windshield (Click Here)

18" wide above the OEM wing joggles (Click Here)

This style windshield follows the same contour as the stock Yamaha shield, and is available up to -3" shorter than the stock Yamaha, and up to +6" taller than the stock Yamaha shield. It also can be ordered up to +6" wider than the stock shield. This shield is ideal to use as a touring shield for the FJR, as you can customize the height and width of your shield. Available in clear, light gray, light green, dark gray, and ice blue in .187 thickness. Windshields are manufactured from aircraft grade acrylic, except our Ice Blue tint made from general grade acrylic.

CBOEMScreen.jpg