09 AE Throttle response

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbart

Reaction score
Hi,I,m close to picking up an 09 AE.I've read a lot of posts regarding jerky throttle response on previous models.Is this to be expected on the 09's?If so does the Barbarian Jumper mod relieve this and does the mod possibly void a warranty?

Hi,I,m close to picking up an 09 AE.I've read a lot of posts regarding jerky throttle response on previous models.Is this to be expected on the 09's?If so does the Barbarian Jumper mod relieve this and does the mod possibly void a warranty?

You are a better man than I.

I tried to pick up my 06AE and that sucker was HEAVY!!!!

Go get the bike man... Urban Legend

I ride with guys who ride Beemers & the C-14 we all complain about this same issue. I have installed a power commander on my 08 and have taken two of the throttle springs off and still have the same issue to some degree. It's not somethings you can't learn to live with and if your not always pushing corners hard it really will not matter much, at least in my opinion.

The '06 thru '08 Gen II bikes had a different throttle cam that took some getting used to. G2 has a replacement cam that smoothes things out some. It is my understanding that the '09's have flattened the throttle cam so that this mod is no longer necessary (??).

Not sure what the jumper mod would do to help with this issue. And I think if you read the fine print, virtually any change from stock will void the warranty if they wanna get nit-picky about it.

Hope this helps,

Griff

I have an 07 which was THE king of snatchy throttle response.....at first. I started out by adding a power commander. It helped a little but certainly did not fix the problem. I added a set of holeshot slip-ons mostly because I like to be able to hear my bike while running down the road. Surprisingly, that helped a little with the throttle response as well. Last week I finally bit the bullet and spent the $80 on a G-2 throttle tube. That was the ticket! The throttle is very easy to be smooth on now.

Now, all that said, I think Yamaha has already addressed the problem and it's not much of an issue now. But, just in case now you know it's an easy fix.

Do the throttle spring unwind and you should be good. The throttle tube on the 08s and 09s are sort of a factory G2. It's all about throttle control. Learn it for this new bike and you will be fine.

The jerky throttle is the only thing I really dislike on my FJR so I ordered a G2 throttle control today. Kudos to the people that designed this forum, it has given me lots of info on my bike and helped me to buy the right farkles many time. THANKS OH MIGHTY ONES, whoever you are :clapping: