09 passenger backrest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshane

Reaction score
I've been loooking, in all the wrong places obviously,for a passenger back rest for my 09. Does anyone know of any vendors that make one?

Thanks in advance

Dave in Massachusetts

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave,

Many options, lots of posts here I'm sure, Try www.premiercycleaccessories.com, garauld's racks (member here), Sargent Seats has a backrest option, Corbin as well IIRC, and then you could also go with a Givi or Yami topbox /w backrest (the option I went with). Just all depends on which option you want and how much $$ you can spend.

-Wayne

I've been loooking, in all the wrong places obviously,for a passenger back rest for my 09. Does anyone know of any vendors that make one?Thanks in advance

Dave in Massachusetts
Take a look at pirateslair.net

Their backrest material matches the factory seats.

I ordered mine on Monday, so I should be getting it anyday now.

Only thing with Pirateslair is they're smoking crack trying to charge folks $365.00 for their product for that price it better give me a fucking blowjob too!

Only thing with Pirateslair is they're smoking crack trying to charge folks $365.00 for their product for that price it better give me a fucking blowjob too!
Thread hijack. Sorry:

Your standards are similar to mine.

I was banned from Zumoforums - twice - the first time because I called out some poser who kept telling me how wonderful the Zumo 660 was and how it works when he hadn't even mounted it on his ride. This guy claimed to be a beta tester for Garmin, when it turned out that he (claimed he) had a later version of Garmin's firmware than anyone else.

As it happens, he was no beta tester and admitted it. THAT, combined with the fact that I dared to start listing my complaints about the device got me kicked off the first time.

What makes this relevant to the thread is that I reregistered under the name of an alter-ego I use and was being very pleasant, though making a few comments about my (and others') dissatisfaction with the device when the poster in a thread took issue with my rating in my review of the Zumo 660 on epinions (clickable), claiming that because it does the basics (navigating and playing music) competently I should have given the device 2.5 stars (out of 5).

I (as my alter ego) pointed out that;

1. 2.5 stars is the mid-point. That would make it average.

2. It doesn't do what we paid for, missing features and such. And then summarised as follows:

A $149 Nuvi does the basics well. Paying $550 MORE should have it singing, dancing and giving me a blow job to boot. That's why he gave it a single star. Premium price for mediocre performance. It doesn't even use a SIRF GPS chipset.

I was summarily kicked off the board for using 'vulgar language'. Europeans have very thin skins.

We now return you to the original topic, which was backrests for the Gen-II.

I made this one myself and will be looking at making more of them. I cannot get any more of the pads like the one shown so I am having to find a new source. If you think you might be interested send me a PM. It is a GENII installed on my '08.

[

Take a look at pirateslair.net

Their backrest material matches the factory seats.

I ordered mine on Monday, so I should be getting it anyday now.

I received mine three weeks ago and I couldn't be more pleased, I really like it. One of the main reasons for the purchase was that it was removable in seconds. Its easily stored in the saddle bag and when I need it to putt around wifey, again install in seconds. Yes it can be stolen but they include a stainless bolt for permanent mount. Now to the gripe about the price, I too was put off till I searched the other backrests, one not compatible with stock seats, upholstery not close to the original seat etc. etc,was a deal breaker. But what it really boils down to is the quality. The metal mount is covered in black Rhino truck lining that is also on my pick-up. Its sharp and durable. Same for the backrest and since my honey luvs it...sold American. Oh yeah speaking of which, it is American made, not from China so quality is sound and we keep an American small businessman and his crew working!