09 Throttle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
I will have my new 2009 FJR in 3 days

I am hoping the bloody throttle is better than the abrupt throttle that my 2006 FJR has

I had a G2 tube and released the spring on my 06 , it made bugger all difference

has much been changed since 2006

Regards Jacko

Code:
I will have my new 2009 FJR in 3 days

I am hoping the bloody throttle is better than the abrupt throttle that my 2006 FJR has

I had a G2 tube and released the spring on my 06 , it made bugger all difference

has much been changed since 2006

Regards Jacko
I have an 08 FJR & before i added some performance mods, found the throttle response to be near perfect, akin to the best carburettored set up. Throttle is also light. I've read many threads complaining about the above, maybe it was fixed on the AUS. spec model.

Made no changes to my 08 and as stated, very responsive. Yammie got rid of the oval throttle tube in 08. Some people still realeas a turn or two in the throttle springs so it is easier to turn/hold into position. Personal choice there.

I did the throttle Spring Mod on my 09 and it was a great improvement for me. It smoothed out the overall operation and put less strain on the wrist during longer rides. :D