1300 mi. Maiden Voyage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeDe2

Reaction score
Hello! We just purchased a 2006 FJR A and it is located approximately 1300 miles from our home in Grand Junction, CO. We would love any advice or words of wisdom for our first cross country trip. We are looking for both general advice and product recommendations.

Thanks for all you help!

Eric & Elissa

Congrats on your purchase. As for your request someone could write a book to explain it all. You know what, someone already has and it is this forum. Spend some time reading it and your questions will be answered. Then you will form your own opinion.

Enjoy the ride, you will love the bike.

Regards

Mac

E & E,

Good luck with the new ride. I don't know how long you normlly ride in a day but that distance should be an easy 3 day ride or a 'more spirited' 2 day dash. If it were me I would do it in 3 - even better I would make it shorter days & stop at some interesting places, ride some secondary roads and take some good photographs. Its a bike - not much else to say. If you are riding 2-up there isn't a lot of room for 'stuff'.

Enjoy the ride!

Welcome......

How long have you been riding?? what is your average distance traveled?? seat time is everything!!

if you have iron-butts... go for it... if not ...300 to 400 aday...

what he said:

1. keep the pillion happy

2. keep the pillion happy

3. re-read #1 & #2..... :p :D :lol: