17mpg "Problem" on 06 Models

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armoredveh

Reaction score
All,

I plan on taking my 06 into the dealer to have the instant read out problem fixed and was hoping that someone could provide me with Yamaha's technical service bulletin number/reference. Experience has shown that things go smoother with the dealer when armed with this kind of information -- I think they appreciate not having to look it up themselves.

TIA, Bill Shaw

All,
I plan on taking my 06 into the dealer to have the instant read out problem fixed and was hoping that someone could provide me with Yamaha's technical service bulletin number/reference. Experience has shown that things go smoother with the dealer when armed with this kind of information -- I think they appreciate not having to look it up themselves.

TIA, Bill Shaw

Bill,

Here's a link to a posting with the tsb in it -

tsb

All,

TIA, Bill Shaw
I also have this problem on a 06 I just got yesterday. If you know what I can do please let me know. Thanks

The 17 mpg 'problem' is specific to the Gen II FJRs ('06). Part way through the build Yamaha saw the problem and fixed it, so the early '06s are stuck on 17 mpg and the later '06s read correctly.