2 06 AE at Mission Motorsports in Irvine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzkenoman

Reaction score
I walked by the dealer, and saw them putting sale signs on the bikes, and both were at $11,999 So if you are still in the hunt for a 06, better go down and scoop it up.

I walked by the dealer, and saw them putting sale signs on the bikes, and both were at $11,999 So if you are still in the hunt for a 06, better go down and scoop it up.
I'm sorry. What was that you said about buns?

FYI, I just spoke with the sales mgr down at Mission (he knows me as the "drive a hard bargain guy"), and he freely admitted to me this is a "teaser price." What does that mean? Simple. Instead of doing the "bargain" $150 or so for freight/prep, they add the full 11% (of list, not discounted price) freight (= $1162) and 4% for prep (= $611). Tack on state tax, registration, and doc fees and the $15670 OTD price is still good, but not great.

(I'm still shooting for a partially-farkled [gee, I love that term], slightly-used '06...)

Lee in Long Beach

Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise here. Econ 101 at work.

Last few times I was at Mission, maybe most recently at 2 months ago, there was always at least one AE floor model sitting there in the corner by the sales offices.

Give it another month and those tack-ons will become negotiable, too.

FYI, I just spoke with the sales mgr down at Mission (he knows me as the "drive a hard bargain guy"), and he freely admitted to me this is a "teaser price." What does that mean? Simple. Instead of doing the "bargain" $150 or so for freight/prep, they add the full 11% (of list, not discounted price) freight (= $1162) and 4% for prep (= $611). Tack on state tax, registration, and doc fees and the $15670 OTD price is still good, but not great.

(I'm still shooting for a partially-farkled [gee, I love that term], slightly-used '06...)

Lee in Long Beach
Those bastards! How can they get away with crap like that! Sale price? HA! Now i have to tell my friend it's a scam! :angry2:

Lee in Long Beach
Dealer in Texas did the same thing...I just bought a used 05 and then saw the "sale price." I thought I would have to put the 05 on E-bay but when we were sitting down to do paperwork the price jumped up for "prep" fee and other misc fees/taxes. Still ridin the 05 and enjoying the ride :D