2 sets of risers stacked? no kidding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang-n-gearz

Reaction score
I heard now of two (2) sets of bar risers stacked? Anyone using that set up presently? What kind of risers etc? Nope not interested in a metric cruiser or GW, already owned them.

thanks

Buck 05 FJR

DLS.TX.

Patriot has a stacked set on his '04. Don't recall the brand(s). He'll be along soon when he sees the thread title. Like a moth to flame.

I've got a stack, Gen Mars on top of Heli's on my '04.

Snug, but doable, without lengthening cables or hoses.

Shane

When I bought my 05 used, it had two sets of risers stacked...I was like WTF? I still got 'em no idea who makes them and will never use them.

Remembering that there is a big difference between Gen I and Gen II handle bar attachments --

On my Gen I, I stacked my up & back Heli's with Lenker-Adapters which can rotate the handlebars from straight across, dirt bike style to almost parallel to each other. FredW did a similar thing. I've had this stack on and off, sometimes it seemed to be an improvement and other times it just didn't seem to really make any difference. I believe FredW has gone back to just an up & back riser again and ditched his Lenkers for good.

Linker-Adapters

LA-01.jpg

One issue you may have is getting enough slack in the lines for the front brakes, clutch line, and electrical. You may not. Maybe just a snip or two of the tie-wraps will help.

I have 1inch risers and my SS clutch line is at it's max, to me at least.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my 05 used, it had two sets of risers stacked...I was like WTF? I still got 'em no idea who makes them and will never use them.

say bro, will you send me a set so I can see if they fit?

Buck 05 FJR

dls tx

Got some risers from that "other vendor" and now couldn't imagine the bars any higher. Wow... I am straight up now... good thing from my worn out back. Thanks for the feedback

Buck 05 FJR

DLS TX

so what did you end up with, i notice most of the double's are of two brands? is that for a reason? or can you just order two sets from someone and get longer bolts

I just installed the Heli triple clamp and Heli risers, like Johnny 80, and the

only change I had to make was to reroute the throttle cable up at the top,

no binding and it's a world of difference.

Took about 2 hours total with breaks.

I just installed the Heli triple clamp and Heli risers, like Johnny 80, and the only change I had to make was to reroute the throttle cable up at the top,

no binding and it's a world of difference.

Took about 2 hours total with breaks.
I bought some risers, which raised them 1 3/4 " and it's great.

Buck 05 FJR

Dls.TX