2 wire blue connector under left pannel A?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brick

Reaction score
Ok.. so the '06 FJR is new to me... so I'm "investigating" to see where I can mount my Dual STAR dot com heated grip heat troller or toggle switch. Under pannel A there is a small connector blue in color that has nothing plugged into it? What the heck is that? Hmmm... should have checked voltage and if it was switched or not. Duhhh. I will tomorrow.

Also... looking for a switched wire to tap to usse for the DualSTAR grip kit I was wondering if I could disconnect the outlet in the left front "locked" pocket to power the grips?

What say ya'll?

Brick

Ok.. so the '06 FJR is new to me... so I'm "investigating" to see where I can mount my Dual STAR dot com heated grip heat troller or toggle switch. Under pannel A there is a small connector blue in color that has nothing plugged into it? What the heck is that? Hmmm... should have checked voltage and if it was switched or not. Duhhh. I will tomorrow.
Also... looking for a switched wire to tap to usse for the DualSTAR grip kit I was wondering if I could disconnect the outlet in the left front "locked" pocket to power the grips?

What say ya'll?

Brick
I believe the "orphaned" connector to be the diagnostic link. As far as the power outlet providing power for heated grips,I'd say no. Insufficient current carrying capacity on the wire,and a low (3A,I think) amperage fuse.

Mike

What say ya'll?

Brick
I think that may be the connector for OEM heated grips, but from what I have read not suitable for non-OEM.

Jer

What say ya'll?

Brick
I think that may be the connector for OEM heated grips, but from what I have read not suitable for non-OEM.

Jer
Yes it is the OEM grip connector.

Last edited by a moderator:

What say ya'll?

Brick
There's two connectors down there that are for the factory heated grips. I tried using the hot wire for my Honda heated grips, but it didn't work very well. There's was too much voltage drop on that wiring, which caused my heat controller to go into load shedding mode (thinking that the battery wasn't getting charged enough). I re-ran the power off a power strip (basically directly off the battery) and now they work fine.

What say ya'll?

Brick
I believe the "orphaned" connector to be the diagnostic link. As far as the power outlet providing power for heated grips,I'd say no. Insufficient current carrying capacity on the wire,and a low (3A,I think) amperage fuse.

Mike
This is probably closer to the mark. Brick appears to have an AE, don't ALL these come with factory heated grips?

What say ya'll?

Brick

Mike
This is probably closer to the mark. Brick appears to have an AE, don't ALL these come with factory heated grips?
AFAIK the heated grips are standard on the AEs. They definitely are standard on the 08s and 09s. The 07 I looked at had them,too. Which then begs the question,why is he looking to install aftermarket heated grips? Perhaps his profile info is incorrect, since his post says 06.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a very slim chance that he's like me, that he has an AE but hates the OEM grips and is looking to replace them with something better. (That's what I did.) But the odds are that he simply typo'd something either in his OP or his profile.