$200 Battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fjroamer

Reaction score
Went to my favorite (uh,hummmmm) dealer today as O.E.M. Feejer battery is near the end of it's life. (03 model)

Quoted, and requoted: "Yahama O.E.M.- gel filled, $200.00" " another $37.00 to install and tax brings it up to $250.00. :dribble:

Soooo......., I winked and rode off.

What are you forum mbrs. doing for batteries???

oops...., just looked below. Admin please delete this post

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't speak from personal experience, but I remember someone (dobias ?) has mentioned that the Westco AGM battery works well. IIRC the part number is 12V14B-4...Check out the part number before committing any cash though.

Hope this helps.

--G

That sounds odd :blink: ....I was dumb enough to leave the key on with the cover on (definite brain fart) don't ask....bought new factory original battery for $128.00 Canadian....could the dealer be gouging for the gel cel?

Your "dealer" is trying to bend you over and ream you out. I think the factory battery is about $100 or so. Contact Gary McCoy at University Motors for the best deal.

I can't believe a dealer would double the list price and then want to charge you $37 for a 10 minute installation. Well, on second thought I can. The good dealers are good and the bad ones continue to sink to new all-time lows...

:glare:

yep..., Skagit Powersports, Burlington Wa. (host dealership to last summer's WFO)

These stories with this dealership just keep recurring!!!!!!

Now I'm tempted to FWD this thread to them and give 'em something to think about.....

I learned this morning that I have a limited number of WestCo batteries for the FJR1300 available at this time. Let me know if anyone is interested.

hmmm..., further research (at another local Yammie Dlr.)

Yamaha O.E.M. FJR battery, $128.00

Yuasa O.E.M. FJR replacement (from dealer) $218.00

Was told by parts guy that they are essentially the same battery

"Do you want to order one, as we have none in stock?"

uh...., I think I'll keep looking, thanks ;)

I just ordered and received a battery from Apex batteries this week. $80 to my door. Couldn't find a Westco anywhere! Do a google and find them on line.

I hope you knew that by posting what happened to you that there would be plenty of folks that could make you feel bad about your purchase. Maybe, you should have asked the forum before you made your purchase, then you would have some idea what the target price might be for you area or part.

This group has a lot of pre-purchase knowledge. Lean on it and let it help you before you get taken to the cleaners by a bad dealer.

Sorry, you had to go through it. :(

I just ordered and received a battery from Apex batteries this week. $80 to my door. Couldn't find a Westco anywhere! Do a google and find them on line.

I checked there a few days ago and when I called they were out of the Power Source or Power Sonic, whichever. Same at three other sites I check were out of the FJR replacement. But thes sites also had the lowest prices so maybe thats why they were out, $55 compared to $80 or higher.

Check out Portable Powers Systems in Denver Colorado. I've bought Hawker Gel batteries from them for around $70. Used them for years and they have been the best batteries I have ever used. Never a failure. High cranking amps for their size and weight.