2007 Clutch Mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britusa

Reaction score
OK - where have I gone wrong? I changed the clutch slave cylinder for an '05 to make it a lighter pull. It's working properly but the throw on the push rod is now so short the clutch barely disengages, the lever only has to move a fraction of an inch and the drive is engaged. Changed it back for the moment.

Is there another part (maybe a longer push rod) needed?

As things stand this change is useless. Help required, any thoughts? By the way I have adjusted the lever span to all settings and the system was bled using a vacuum bleeder.

OK - where have I gone wrong? I changed the clutch slave cylinder for an '05 to make it a lighter pull. It's working properly but the throw on the push rod is now so short the clutch barely disengages, the lever only has to move a fraction of an inch and the drive is engaged. Changed it back for the moment.Is there another part (maybe a longer push rod) needed?

As things stand this change is useless. Help required, any thoughts? By the way I have adjusted the lever span to all settings and the system was bled using a vacuum bleeder.

Brit, I did the same mod as well and am very happy with it. I would recommend that first re-bleed the system, be careful that the dot 4 hasn't been shaken up and entrapped a bunch of small bubbles. Second, tie wrap the lever to the handle grip fully applied and leave over night, it will pressurize the sysytem and any left over air in the system will return to the reservior when it is released.

Sounds crazy but it works, and I had the same problem as you when I first did the mod.

OK - where have I gone wrong? I changed the clutch slave cylinder for an '05 to make it a lighter pull. It's working properly but the throw on the push rod is now so short the clutch barely disengages, the lever only has to move a fraction of an inch and the drive is engaged. Changed it back for the moment.Is there another part (maybe a longer push rod) needed?

Brit, I did the same mod as well and am very happy with it. I would recommend that first re-bleed the system, be careful that the dot 4 hasn't been shaken up and entrapped a bunch of small bubbles. Second, tie wrap the lever to the handle grip fully applied and leave over night, it will pressurize the sysytem and any left over air in the system will return to the reservior when it is released.

Sounds crazy but it works, and I had the same problem as you when I first did the mod.
Thanks! I'll try that this weekend and hopefully it will fix it. Appreciate your input.