2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWJ

Reaction score
Just bought a 2008 FJR and new to the forum looking for a set of Heated Grips Yamaha wants 306.00 any suggestions?

Yes. Don't buy them. There are many other options available, including making your own with the heated foil elements for significantly cheaper.

yes - buy them - they have many nice features - they're well thought out - plug and play - they fit perfect and look like they belong on your beautiful new bike!

calculate the difference between $309 and the TOTAL COST of all the piece parts you will need (with the "other" heated grip sets) your looking at chump change in difference.

al

Last edited by a moderator:
yes - buy them - they have many nice features - they're well thought out - plug and play - they fit perfect and look like they belong on your beautiful new bike!
calculate the difference between $309 and the TOTAL COST of all the piece parts you will need (with the "other" heated grip sets) your looking at chump change in difference.

al
To me a savings of 1 or 2 hundred dollars isn't chump change but if you're rich, go for Yamma !

They're standard on the AE and on '07+ international (as in non-US) A models.

I added the OEMs to my '06 A and wouldn't have it any other way. The control is smooth, the installation is perfectly integrated and there are NO hanging wires or cable routing issues. Doesn't hurt that they are speed sensitive.

al
To me a savings of 1 or 2 hundred dollars isn't chump change but if you're rich, go for Yamma !
to each his own. i always tend to go OEM unless the product is no good. from what i've read, the OEM heated grips are top notch and of course they fall right into the assy of the bike underneath the fairing and are designed to use the blank-off currently sitting on the fairing deck. i'm not rich, but at $309, i do have the discretion to save a month longer and go first class on an item like this. thx/ al

I purchased the OEM mail order for $325 at my door and installed them myself, that's a savings from the MSRP of $385 (way too expensive). I was willing to pay for a plug and play design that is perfectly integrated to the design and looks of the bike.

Ron

al
to each his own. i always tend to go OEM unless the product is no good. from what i've read, the OEM heated grips are top notch and of course they fall right into the assy of the bike underneath the fairing and are designed to use the blank-off currently sitting on the fairing deck. i'm not rich, but at $309, i do have the discretion to save a month longer and go first class on an item like this. thx/ al
The point isn't how good they are. The point is that you called the difference "chump change". I've added universal kits to both of my bikes for the worldly sum of about $30 per bike. That is a ten-fold difference to the factory kit. I have no problem with people spending $300 - but I don't consider that an insignificant difference.