2008 mirror extensions....can't see anything

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ankhman

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good mirror extension or replacement for 2008 fjr. Very difficult to see over left shoulder without doing a full head turn around. When changing lanes quickly difficult to see in the blind spot. Any help would be appreciated.

Ankhman

Has anyone found a good mirror extension or replacement for 2008 fjr. Very difficult to see over left shoulder without doing a full head turn around. When changing lanes quickly difficult to see in the blind spot. Any help would be appreciated.
Ankhman
Ankhman, there have been many threads about mirrors, take a look at the link below:

FZ1 Mirrors links

FZ1 Mirrors DO fit 2006+ FJR's

to do other searches you can use Google e.g.: fz1 mirrors site:fjrforum.com

I got some small round fisheye mirrors at a motorcycle accessory store. Stuck them on the bottom outside corner of each mirror. The ones they sell at aout parts stores are a little big.

Ankhman

Ohhhh boy! Another question about mirrors....

Let me help you sir,

From our friends at Google:

mirrors site:fjrforum.com

mirror spacers site:fjrforum.com

And, finally, from the Bin-O'-Facts for New Gen ('06 and newer) FJRs that you were prompted to read when you joined the forum: Linked Here!

Near the bottom of the page under Mirrors...

Happy reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madmike2,

Thanks for the information, I did check out the forums but could only find GenI conversions. I also looked at the "Bin Of Facts" and must have missed it! I will be sure to "do my homework" each and every time before I post. I suppose sir when you first posted you were an 'A' student. It would be nice not to feel ridiculed as a FNG with each posting. That said I really do appreciate the help and the information the site has to offer. Gofar thanks that is a good tip!

Ankhman

Madmike2,
I suppose sir when you first posted you were an 'A' student. It would be nice not to feel ridiculed as a FNG with each posting. That said I really do appreciate the help and the information the site has to offer.

Ankhman
No sir, when I first started I could barely make the computer work, let alone know HOW to search or WHERE to look.

If you misunderstood my "tongue-in-cheek" style as ridicule, you'd better fasten your seat belt. Most of the time I try to be more helpful and instructive than insulting. When I decide to be insulting and offensive, there will be little doubt as to my intentions. There are others who would have gone out of their way to belittle you and not give you the information I did.

I believe that every other new member will read this post and hopefully learn the alternate way to find information about whatever problem they are having. When I began to construct the answer I gave you, there were no other posts after your initial offering. If you will look at the times of the different answers to your questions, you might discern that while I was searching for the links I added and going through the work to post them in my answer, the others were also busy at their keyboards. They are just a bit quicker at the task than I.

Bottom line: You've now learned more information and have gained knowledge as to HOW to search for other answers. If we are at odds because you "feel" I went out of my way to offend you..... :unknw:

Last edited by a moderator: