2010 FJR1300 Saddlebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimndski

Reaction score
Hello- I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2010 FJR1300A without the saddlebags. This bike was a awesome deal and has almost every aftermarket item one would want on it so I thought I would take that $1k savings and buy new bags from Yamaha. So went to buy from Partzilla.com, paid for them and come to find out a month later that Yamaha discontinued them and they are unavailable! Anyone have any idea on how to get my hands on these?? Ive searched the internet with no success. Thanks.

Buy the black bags from a 08 or 09 and the black plastic wrap on the back of the gas tank. Looks awesome and you will be a little different than the rest of these jokers.

10273430_10152393450264628_963233656684903913_n.jpg

Wow Niehart! Thats pretty awesome. Not that I want to copy what you did but I love the option. Thanks for the info I'll look into it.

Thanks Mihalis for the info. Ill give that a try too. see what my budget can afford.

Hello- I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2010 FJR1300A without the saddlebags. This bike was a awesome deal and has almost every aftermarket item one would want on it so I thought I would take that $1k savings and buy new bags from Yamaha. So went to buy from Partzilla.com, paid for them and come to find out a month later that Yamaha discontinued them and they are unavailable! Anyone have any idea on how to get my hands on these?? Ive searched the internet with no success. Thanks.
Don't worry about the color. Buy a used set of GenII or III bags and have Garauld (our Forum paint guru) paint them to match your 09. Send Garauld a PM to give you a quote. He does fantastic work. Anyone on this forum will tell you that!!

You may be able to buy just a lid yet. Find a set of used bags, order the lids and swap them on. That may solve your dilemma.

So does anyone have some saddlebags for sale?? GenII genIII, Or know where I can get them. Ive been searching the net for the last hour with no luck.

I wonder what happened to the originals. Maybe they were never installed? lol.

When I got my FJR, they dang near forgot the bags. Probably the reason they didn't have time to loc-tite the lock screws.

Be patient and keep searching. Bags come up for sale and as others have mentioned, color doesn't matter as you can have them painted. Any bags will work, from '03 to current, you'll just need to match the locks.

Happy hunting!

--G

The new Yamaha MT09 Tracer uses the same bags, just the "city case" version (flat lids) and they are finished in satin black. Personally if I was buying the bags new these would be the version I would buy. I had my "fat" cases modified to replicate city cases before I moved from US to Japan, as the slimmer profile is perfect for lane-splitting.

This is what the Tracer bags look like.

%24_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
YamahaPartsWarehouse shows them as available too. If Partzilla says discontinued I would contact a local dealer and have them do a check to see if there are dealers holding NOS bags in their inventory. They are able to see all inventory including inventory of other Yamaha dealers at some locations. My local dealer has chased down parts for me in this manner. If they truly are DNA then I would see if the lids are still available separately then find used rear halves to mate them to if you want to keep costs down.

Thanks to everyones help. I will be checking all ideas tonite. I already made one call right side is available and left on backorder, so I think I will eventually find them. Awesome, and thanks again.