2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
October 4-7, 2012 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Hooterville and Arkansas ride

• Thursday - get to Hooterville/Farmington, MO Super8 - Make your own reservation.
  • Friday - run the Hooterville roads and northern AR roads down to Clinton, AR Best Western. Make your own reservation after I have negotiated a group rate. (see below)
HOOTERVILLETOAR.jpg

• Saturday - Run a fantastic northern AR loop (500 miles for those that want to...less for those that want to cut off and head back earlier on a shorter loop
AAD-500.jpg

• Sunday - blast home (or, if yer like griff and me, do another loop on Sunday and blast home on Monday)

Well, after getting a little time here...I got on to the phone with Eric at the Best Western (Hillside Inn) in Clinton, AR. He has secured a group rate of 67.99 for those that CALL at the hotel and mention Eric's name and the group code of FJR1300.

Contact info:

Best Western (Hillside Inn)

1025 Highway 65 B US Clinton, Arkansas, 72031, United States

Phone: 501/745-4700

As previously advertised, this year we are doing Hooterville AND doing some Arky roads. Lots of 'em if you dare.

This is a no frills event, no door prizes, no award dinners, just riding and having fun afterward.

Riders thus far:

wheatonFJR-Mark

zzzzip-Skip

Gramps-Marc

griff-Carl

TripperMike-Mike

fjrrider-Scott -AR

Old Pilot- Fred -AR

0Face-Marty

Airboss-Karl

petey-Peter -AR

rydtym-Gary

KSFJR-Chester

ShowMeMo-Scott

Builderwill- Will

GloryRacing-Mark -AR

Jeffs-Jeff -AR

Smitty141-Bronce-for dinner Thursday night only.

We plan on having dinner at the Catfish Kettle at 7pm Thursday night...unless everyone gets to Farmington a lot earlier than that...we'll play it by ear then.

Friday night, we can either eat at a local BBQ joint or a great Mexican Restaurant.

Saturday night, same thing.

RIDING GROUPS

Tentative groups are as follows:

Friday (8 riders)

Group A Hooterville to Arkansas

• Builderwill- Will
  • Old Pilot- Fred( at Mammoth Springs)-
  • ShowMeMo-Scott
  • Gramps-Marc
  • rydtym-Gary
  • Airboss-Karl
Group B Hootervillle to Arkansas

• wheatonFJR-Mark
  • griff-Carl
  • zzzzip-Skip
  • KSFJR-Chester
  • TripperMike-Mike
  • 0Face-Marty

Saturday (12 riders)

Group A Arkansas

• Builderwill- Will
  • fjrrider-Scott
  • petey-Peter
  • Old Pilot- Fred
  • GloryRacing- Mark
Group B Arkansas

• Gramps-Marc
  • ShowMeMo-Scott
  • rydtym-Gary
  • 0Face-Marty
  • Airboss-Karl
  • Jeffs-Jeff

Group C Arkansas

• wheatonFJR-Mark
  • zzzzip-Skip
  • griff-Carl
  • TripperMike-Mike
  • KSFJR-Chester

MOM SEZ:

Now kids:

On Thursday night...as per tradition, we will be having dinner over at the Catfish Kettle. I assume that dinner at 7pm will be fine...and I will call or go over there at 6:30pm to warn them that a bunch of us are headed that way.

Friday and Saturday mornings we will meet in the parking lots at 7am to go over ride stuff with KSU at 7:30am for the first group out.

Fuel tanks should be FULL, and other bike checks completed by 7:00am.

Try to have a good breakfast because you will be expending a lot of energy on these rides with lunch a long ways off.

We are riding out in the middle of nowheres, so take full advantage of the fuel stops. Make them quick, then chat a bit before heading down the road. These are long days...so lets not dally too much. But be prepared with water and a snack in your tankbag...we won't always have access to a store to buy water or a snack.

I have tried to put similar paced riders together. Towards the beginning of the ride, slower riders should wave faster riders by, and faster riders may filter towards the front when and if it is safe. Please do not use this ride to race others in the group...just go at a pace that is fun and comfortable and safe. Don't ruin your day and others by making unsafe moves that endanger other riders or yourself. We've had a pretty good record recently on the Hooterville rides...lets make this year the same way.

One last thing...lets not be like the Harley tribe...if there are individual sport riders out there that come up fast on a group's back end, move to the right and signal the rider in front with your brights to move to the right. Go to the fog line and give the rider plenty of space to pass. We don't like to be held up...let's not hold others up by our group ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I go down and go dog hunting the week before? :unsure:

Only if it doesn't interfere with this ride! :lol:

Now why do ya gotta go huntin' those poor dogs for? What did they ever do to you? :eek:
Nothing--- just recalling what one did to a couple of guys and bikes on the last one. :angry2:

Never mind.
Well, don't give up on my account. In fact, I think you need to go around southern Missouri and Northern AR with Eric/E.T. and see if you can scare up any dogs out of the bushes! :clapping:

I'll claim the first official fencesitter position.

I'd love to make this one,but October is a long ways off.This is one area I always wanted to ride,but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I hate missing AR, but Friday nights in fall are booked for next 3 years or so. I'll probably ride with you guys on Friday and split off wherever in enough time to get back to St. Louis by evening.

I assume you will be our "go to" guy for knowing all the places you can buy a milkshake in MO and AR. I'm counting on it...no pressure. :lol:
I'll need the Routes to plan ahead. I may not make it all day with out one! :Giant Milkshake Emoticon:

Glad to see you're on board Marty!Lets plan on meeting up & riding down together again this year...I'll try not to route any gravel roads.
Absolutely. A little gravel ain't no big deal. Right Wheatie?

Man, you're killing me, Mark. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery, and I hope to be able to ride by September (much to my surgeon's disapproval), so we'll have to see. I'll join the fence-sitting group, which I hate to do, but I'd love to be there.

(Just have to keep both boots on the pavement on those 10-mph switchbacks on Ark 123) :angry:

Okay...just got back from a family trip...so I have updated post #1...

Ok I'm in. but only if Eric goes first.
Okay, yer in! Where's E.T.?

I think I can make this one again... :)
Excellent petey! See you in October!

I'll claim the first official fencesitter position.

I'd love to make this one,but October is a long ways off.This is one area I always wanted to ride,but I just haven't gotten around to it.
This is a great way to be introduced to the area Denny!

...A little gravel ain't no big deal. Right Wheatie?
No big deal. How 'bout a gravel hillclimb? :D

Man, you're killing me, Mark. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery, and I hope to be able to ride by September (much to my surgeon's disapproval), so we'll have to see. I'll join the fence-sitting group...
Yer on the fence sitting group...that's might uncomfortable I bet. Best to just commit! :clapping: