• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 FJR on Ebay no reserve

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the starting bid is $14K . . . . so there IS a reserve.

And he says 'no hidden fees', but mentions $175 and $75 adders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come ON. If you're even thinking about a 2013, look at littlefish's '13 in Orlando. 1,200 miles, includes virtually all of the Y.E.S. warranty, top case, highway pegs, don't know what else. And a free ride from the airport. He's asking $14,100 now. You will not do better than that.

clickme

If this is a 4 sale ad...BAD form to put down the ads. I think this has been talked about before...
I don't think that's the situation, Wheatie. The Ebay listing is from Osseo, Minnesota; our OP hails from Nashville. I already checked that out. However, thanks for the reminder. We do indeed need to be careful about that.

I heard your weather up there got a little nicer today. Glad to see you yankees finally getting a little ridin' weather.

Gary

darksider #44

ps... Mike, Littlefish is about 90 miles straight west of Orlando, for what it's worth.

If this is a 4 sale ad...BAD form to put down the ads. I think this has been talked about before...
I don't think that's the situation, Wheatie. The Ebay listing is from Osseo, Minnesota; our OP hails from Nashville. I already checked that out. However, thanks for the reminder. We do indeed need to be careful about that.

I heard your weather up there got a little nicer today. Glad to see you yankees finally getting a little ridin' weather.

Gary

darksider #44

ps... Mike, Littlefish is about 90 miles straight west of Orlando, for what it's worth.
I want Littlefish to sell the bike, but it won't be to me. Thanks, California, and that ridiculous rule prohibiting a "non-California" bike from being brought it. It might kill a redwood tree or something.

Mark, I was just about to respond to your post but Gary beat me to it. I hope we're still free to comment about strangers' ebay ads here.

Yes, now that I have thought about it I agree. There is a reserve.
No actually a reserve is a undisclosed minimum price seller will accept, which is unrelated to but usually above the opening bid. What you see is a minimum opening bid. I know, I used to think "no reserve" meant no minimum (ie auction starts at zero) but it does not. No connection with the sale or seller, just pointing out general auction terminology (not just on ebay). As for the fees, if you can see them they are not hidden. They are additional. These I don't like and will not buy something if a seller adds them on. If seller had said no additional fees and then added them that would be objectionable, but if they are stated clearly and he says "no hidden fees" that is technically not a lie.

Thank you very much for the plugs for my bike Gary and Mike!!!

Right now, for a limited time, I've dropped the price to 13,899. I'm not sure how long I'll keep it there, but for now that is the price!

That includes all the stuff with the bike in the post and

1. Pickup at either Orlando or Tampa International Airports

2. Send your gear to me in a box and I'll have it ready for you to jump on the bike. Fly light!!!

3. I can either bring you back to my casa or bring your gear and the bike to the airport to get you on your way, mui pronto!

4. Bike is in mint condition, ready to go anywhere on the globe!!!

Yes, now that I have thought about it I agree. There is a reserve.
No actually a reserve is a undisclosed minimum price seller will accept, which is unrelated to but usually above the opening bid. What you see is a minimum opening bid. I know, I used to think "no reserve" meant no minimum (ie auction starts at zero) but it does not. No connection with the sale or seller, just pointing out general auction terminology (not just on ebay). As for the fees, if you can see them they are not hidden. They are additional. These I don't like and will not buy something if a seller adds them on. If seller had said no additional fees and then added them that would be objectionable, but if they are stated clearly and he says "no hidden fees" that is technically not a lie.
Blah, blah, blah... Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Heinen's set their minimum price. If you don't bid above that, you don't stand a chance of getting it. Period. Call it whatever you want.

Why are they doing this? It might be because of the deal on the bike sitting in my garage, purchased brand new with no reserve or initial bid, and at a pretty damn good price, (for me). When I contacted them a few minutes after the auction ended, they hadn't looked at the winning bid yet, and when I told them how much it was, they said, "we might not be doing that again." A great way to buy, if you can get a a deal that is better than you can get locally. Woods Fun Center here in Austin wasn't budging off MSRP when I was looking, and I haven't been back since. The only thing I didn't like about the deal is that Heinen's didn't send along the extra lock or the plugs that go in the plastic when you are riding without bags. Probably just an oversight when they put the bike together, but unforgivable.

By the time I discovered I didn't have them, (stuff that isn't necessarily meant to ever be used isn't the first thing one checks for), I didn't think it was worth hassling over. The lock was almost certainly in a box somewhere, and unless they could find my exact one, I was going to have to get it re-keyed. As it turned out, a fine gentleman here on the forum sent me the plugs for nothing more than postage, and I got a lock cylinder, (and had to rekey), when I bought a used rear trunk. I just mentioned those things here in case someone decided to buy from Heinen's, so they didn't experience the same thing. Monte Steinke was the guy I worked with at Heinen's, and is a good guy.

Interesting change: "no reserve" has been omitted and the opening bid has been reduced to $13,499.99
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-FJR1300A-BRAND-NEW-/151034494274?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item232a5b7d42#ht_2679wt_566
That is getting to be a seriously good deal. These must not be moving as well as they'd hoped, up in Minn at least. Same place has a new 2012 listed for 11999 OB.
Price appears to include "all available rebates", which means the current $500 Yamaha rebate. If you don't have a trade, I bet you don't get the $500 off either. Real price for a box-stock bike appears to be $13,999 plus their small fees.

My bike has more than $600 in extras and is still cheaper and it's already had the 1st service done!!!

Interesting change: "no reserve" has been omitted and the opening bid has been reduced to $13,499.99
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-FJR1300A-BRAND-NEW-/151034494274?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item232a5b7d42#ht_2679wt_566
That is getting to be a seriously good deal. These must not be moving as well as they'd hoped, up in Minn at least. Same place has a new 2012 listed for 11999 OB.
Price appears to include "all available rebates", which means the current $500 Yamaha rebate. If you don't have a trade, I bet you don't get the $500 off either. Real price for a box-stock bike appears to be $13,999 plus their small fees.

My bike has more than $600 in extras and is still cheaper and it's already had the 1st service done!!!
And it's used. Some people like virgins, myself included. ;)