2013 FJR on Ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm... so how do these vin#'s break down?? Cause I have #20...
There's a thread specifically for that. Go use it please and not this thread.

Thanks.

The Management

Edit: Nevermind. Oy. Moving to the new home.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ad worries me a bit. At one point they say the bike is in Florida, at another they say California.

Now I know I'm just a dumb Canuck, and I know states are way smaller than provinces but that seems like an issue.

They're also listing it as new instead of used. If it ain't on the dealer's lot, it ain't new, even if all they did was load it onto their motorhome rack.

But I don't see Florida in the ad. I see two towns in California, one of which is misspelled but is very close to the other one, and one town in Oregon. The Oregon location probably came automatically from the seller's profile.

An actual photograph of a real bike would be nice, instead of some primitive jet plane and a copy of an ad.

Is Florida in there too? I saw CA and OR which makes sense.

Couple of other observations:

The "buy it now" is very high indeed even for an almost new used bike.

If the purchaser is in CA, make sure the bike was originally purchased in CA. CA has a rule that any motor vehicle brought into CA must have 7K on it, so if purchased on OR, it's a no-go. Just another way that CA sucks.

Ebay rookie with just 5 feedbacks. I'd be wondering about cosmetic damage if they had been loading and off loading a 600 lb. bike on the back end of a motorhome.

I'll pay the 'buy it now' for the blue one with the British insignia if it comes with a full tank of fuel.
smile.png

FWIW, I believe that's a Hawker Hunter.

Last edited by a moderator:
If bought new in Oregon then highly unlikely it is CA certified. Seller seems like a bit of a dick.

HA! While all you suckers are arguing about all that little shit, I jumped in. Just sent off a check for the $15K!

Boy, I can't wait till they deliver my new bike. They told me to go out front and wait.

And hold my hand over my ass, for some reason.

Less then 20 hours to go with 9 bids, the highest so far is just under $12k. Anyone here going for it? C'mon Skooter, 'fess up!

It may be legit, but it borders on scam. The seller is not present where the bike is, the bike is listed as new, but clearly isn't new. It was bought in OR and is not a CA bike, but the bike's location is CA. Oddly, the owner isn't very good with details, so can only tell you that the helmets included are 'good ones' that he paid almost $200 for.
rolleyes.gif

Would you send this guy $1000 for a bike you haven't seen? I sure wouldn't. Hopefully the high bidder actually went and looked at the bike. That would clarify a lot of issues right there. Want to bet the helmets aren't with the bike?

More than likely the guy just has too much money to care about the details. 70' motor homes aren't cheap. Something that large often has it's own garage in the back though.