2013 Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LIT-11626-26-45

Found on Yamaha's website, this is the print on demand technical manual, and it is $20...... I had no idea they offered such an option. must be new

Actually that is the correct number for the Service manual.....at least thats whats on the front of mine....

file-82.jpg

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually that is the correct number for the Service manual.....at least thats whats on the front of mine....
R
Dang....that one number. You're right. Revised my post. Apologies Deanw...even if I corrected it before you saw it.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Duh.......look at the bottom of the trim pieces there are 2 little bolts under there......but of course you are joking....

And Matt it must be there service manual blinkers you keep putting on..
rolleyes.gif

R

So, some dealers did have this manual and is that how you were able to get one Fairlaner?

Any ideas on how long before they will be available?

I know, patience my dear boy, patience.

yes some dealers had them and i guess they felt they didn't need them and sold them on Ebay...

They are being printed at a place just up the street from me although i have no idea when....

R

So, some dealers did have this manual and is that how you were able to get one Fairlaner?
Any ideas on how long before they will be available?

I know, patience my dear boy, patience.
Conventional wisdom is that when a new model comes out, Yamaha sends their dealers a service manual so they know how to work on that new model. (Or perhaps every model?) Anywho, it seems some rural Yamaha dealers only really deal with ATVs and/or snow machines and have no use for an FJR1300 service manual and sell it. In Sir Richie Fairlaner's case, via ebay.

Duh.......look at the bottom of the trim pieces there are 2 little bolts under there......but of course you are joking....
And Matt it must be there service manual blinkers you keep putting on..
rolleyes.gif

R
does it show how to adjust the chain? mine has too much slack in it.

LIT11616-26-45 is the service manual
If you don't need the whole thing and its price tag, it does appear that for $20 on the Yamaha website that you can "print on demand" whatever part of the service manual (part number shown in quote above) you want. This is an excellent option for those of us that do more than the owner's manual allows for but would never split cases, etc. You can print whatever you like, very cool.

Latest posts