2014 Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Originally posted this in the pinned topic for the 2014 FJR and it kinda got lost in the shuffle, so I started a new topic.

Soooo prolly gonna get me a 2014 in the gorgeous red next spring. Still on the fence if the es is really worth it or not. But in any case, I will be removing as many of my farkles from my 08 as I can for resale or refitment. Assuming that the 14,s are the same as the 13's, what will fit and what will not?

Here's the list: Sargent seat...Tourmaster top triple clamp...Pazzo shorty levers...Garauld tail rack...I forget the brand, but heavier bar end weights...shorter R1 shift lever...I think these will all fit.

What I don't think will fit is the Garauld tailcones..the Power Commander...The sliders....

Also was wondering how the throttle action is on the 13's and 14's. Do they have the same characteristics as the cable actuated throttles, or are they smoother?

IMG_20130913_110433_3201_zpsf7563dd0.jpg

Tourmaster top triple clamp? 1st I've heard of one, is it similar to the Heli or MV Motorrad risers?

Thanks to admins for moving this post to where it belongs!
blushing.gif
I am at work now, but I probably got the brand of the top triple clamp wrong. The whole top triple clamp is replaced, and it brings the handlebars up and back. I am not so sure I will put it on the new bike if I get it. Since having it for 5 years, I kind of long to have the bars a little lower! When I first got the FJR, the only other bike I had ridden since I was 14 were standards or cruisers. So the new riding position was hard to get used to at first.

Just found the name of the triple clamps..Tour Performance

HELIHRT0762TH.jpg

I am kinda confused why it didn't get moved to classifieds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bogus, I think you're correct on what should fit and not fit from the '08 to the '14.

Latest posts