2015 OEM tail light wire size ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewrenchbender

Reaction score
Got the shells and pins today to make a tail marker/brake light breakout harness (LH 6pin by the airbox lid) for the LED aux brake light I will be installing next week-hopefully.

Can someone either give me the wire size from previous experience or point to the right spot in the factory service manual that calls out the wire gauge/s ?

Know there are at least a couple wing nuts on here besides me-just spent most of the day/half the night chasing a flippin' S3 static leak on a BD-100-1A10 today-woulda thought it was an old Cessna. At least I had some FJR goodies waiting for me when I finally walked in the door at home.

On my 07, the tail lights were 18 AWG, approx 1.02 mm.

It's not in the manual, you'll just have to trust a Electrical Fitter Mechanic ......... ME lol lol

Good for about16 amps, BUT I wouldn't add the the bikes wiring, it's pushed to the limit.

Use the bike's wiring only for relay triggers or you will get into trouble !!!

BD-100-1A10?

I had to look that one up. :fool:

I only have Gulfstream and Citation types, so that's my excuse for not knowing it's a Challenger 300.

^^^the admore was my inspiration. Is basically what I will end up with, only for now just the brake and the ground tapped.

Would be easy to determine the wire size by cutting into one-but that sorta defeats the purpose.