• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2015 owners with OEM top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapest

Reaction score
I am looking for 2015 'Liquid Graphite' owners who purchased a 50l top case in 'Raven'.

If you are out there, could you plse PM me or post a photo with the case on the bike. I am wondering how the bike looks with the Raven case. (If I understand the Yamaha USA web site, the 39l case is available color matched, but the 50l case is not)

Many thx

-Steve

"Frosted Blade" is a color?!? Just what was going through his or her mind when they thought up that one??
biggrinsmiley.gif

(Friday!)

Thank you Kebo123

The proper color top case is also available from Yamaha Canada. The price, however, is just outrageous.

So I am wondering how the black case looks, which I can purchase from a US vendor. Havent found a US vendor who lists the Canadian/European part number, that would be ideal. (1mc-f84a8-30-00)

-Steve

For not a lot of $$$ Garauld can fix the color issue if black isn't gonna cut it for you. If you order the top case, have it delivered to Garauld for painting. Would shipping between Canada and NY be a major issue? Seems that I recall it could be.

Thx I-beam

I have considered having the case painted after purchase.

With the current exchange rate, the difference between buying the US case and the Canadian case is about C$250.

Getting the case painted would reduce that by ?half?

-Steve

Hell, I want a picture too. Just to see if it looks notably (or any) better than the more common SR357 and givi's. You know we're all geeks when someone stops you just to talk about how you like your topcase and they have one on order. Convenient storage matters. I pulled my loaded topcase off the bike last week for some reason or another and was amazed at how much weight I was rocking on the highest point on the bike. Laptop, two iPhones, keys, glock and two mags, couple pairs of eyewear, and other extraneous crap. Sheesh. It was like a boat anchor. Amazed it isn't more noticeable riding. Of course, that's a commuting or traveling loadout. I put as little as possible in the topcase weight wise when I'm going to the mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, I want a picture too. Just to see if it looks notably (or any) better than the more common SR357 and givi's. You know we're all geeks when someone stops you just to talk about how you like your topcase and they have one on order. Convenient storage matters. I pulled my loaded topcase off the bike last week for some reason or another and was amazed at how much weight I was rocking on the highest point on the bike. Laptop, two iPhones, keys, glock and two mags, couple pairs of eyewear, and other extraneous crap. Sheesh. It was like a boat anchor. Amazed it isn't more noticeable riding. Of course, that's a commuting or traveling loadout. I put as little as possible in the topcase weight wise when I'm going to the mountains.
If you want to see picture with box (regardless of color) - here you are:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166629-yamaha-topcase-new/?p=1343177

Looks pretty goddamned nice. If I wouldn't have to get it painted and install a stiffy, I might just get one of those.

Latest posts