3rd ignition switch failure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
On my way back to Rhode Island from a trip to the Dragon last week, I came out of a restaurant in Ashville NC to find my bike dead as a doornail when I turned the key. After checking all the fuses and an attempted jump start, I had to have the bike towed to the local Yamaha dealer, MR Motorcycle. Those guys were great and fit me in to see what the problem was. They determined that it was a total ignition failure and that there NO IGNITION SWITCHES available in the Yamaha parts chain. Here I am 1300 miles from home and they don't even have a switch in the country!! The tech at the dealership managed to adapt a Honda ATV switch to work next to stock one. Due to his inginuity I and my friends were back on the road in about 6 hours (thanks guys!!). This failure gave me no warning whatsoever. Imagine what would happen if this was in the high speed lane on the highway or half way thru a corner, instead of a parking lot. :dribble: After doing a search of the forum after I got home Saturday, I found that I was the 3rd failure to post. All owners of 06/07's should check the post on the parts page and check their wiring.

Admins, please don't move this as it is a serious safety issue.

100_1282.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Admins, please don't move this as it is a serious safety issue.
Yes it is.... but reposting the same subject isn't cool as it then creates two disjointed threads for discussion.

People will see it where you originally posted it and can talk about it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts