4 Inches Enough?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering the yamaha touring windshield its 4 inches taller than stock. Wondering if its enough to put the air flow over your head. Stock shield directs the wind right into top of helmet and its really noisey

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about ordering the yamaha touring windshield its 4 inches taller than stock. Wondering if its enough to put the air flow over your head. Stock shield directs the wind right into top of helmet and its really noisey
Cee Baily w/flip or Cal Sci...you won't be disappointed like the Yammy big shield which isn't very big and mine buffeted like a class 2 hurricane

I'm a Cal Sci Windshield (CLICKY) fan and it's gold to call them, ask for owner Mark, and ask him to help you choose a windshield. He did that for me and my medium for the heat, rain, and mild temps deep south is joy.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Not enough for me. It actually increased the buffeting a little, and I went to a CB +6 +4 with flip. I'm 6'2"

Tom-

I wanted the tallest windshield period, and I am 5'10" and bought x-large Cal.Science windshield. Works great for me, however everyone has their preference. You can google gobs of infor on this. Hey man good luck

Buck

Dls.TX

Love my Cee Bailey 6x6 regular and pillon says no more buffeting @ 3/4 up even. I'm 6.0 ft tall. I had the yamaha tall before, just not enough period.

Thanks everyone for your replyes and info. Not going with YAM touring after all, glad i asked about this learned a lot, sounds like for sure theres a better way to go

Thanks everyone for your replyes and info. Not going with YAM touring after all, glad i asked about this learned a lot, sounds like for sure theres a better way to go

6'4" here. Just added the CeeB flip 2+3. Would like a inch more. Big difference from stock, however, be aware of the rear wind pushing your head forward. Only down fall.

There was a forum member that had a V-stream that he allowed to circulate around for people to try. It might still be out there. Reason I say that is the V-stream is 4" taller than the stock on my '08. I tried the V-stream and liked the quieter ride. I take it up about 2" less than its max and get a quieter ride. I'm 6'-1" with a 33" inseam. So for me...I hate to say it...I cringe, in fact....oh, well it isn't Friday....

for me 2" was enough....

I'm gonna regret saying that.... :blink: