90 deg valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Ordered a set of these 90 deg. valve stems today. Price very right $12. each with free shipping. I have no connection with this co. Just thought I would pass the info on. It looks like there raw alum. There offered in strait or 90 deg.

I edit this post to remove link and pic. See my last post please...

Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried to install a set I got from University Motors, when I put the new Storms on. I am sending them back as the did not seat on the rim. the o ring was to small for the hole. They look exactly like the one you have pictured. Part # 32-5414 from Parts Unlimited. Mike said he would order another set listed (10 mm)and see if there was a dif in the two. Your pic shows a "T" on the side, Mine have a "B". I don't know if that is a dif in size, but mount one and make sure it fits before you do both and then have to take them off and re-mount again because they won't seal on the rim. (gosh that was fun). $12.54 from University

as an aside: they also offer a 45degree stem

I just tried to install a set I got from University Motors, when I put the new Storms on. I am sending them back as the did not seat on the rim. the o ring was to small for the hole. They look exactly like the one you have pictured. Part # 32-5414 from Parts Unlimited. Mike said he would order another set listed (10 mm)and see if there was a dif in the two. Your pic shows a "T" on the side, Mine have a "B". I don't know if that is a dif in size, but mount one and make sure it fits before you do both and then have to take them off and re-mount again because they won't seal on the rim. (gosh that was fun). $12.54 from University
They shipped them today. I will let everyone know how they work.. I did check my Parts unlimited book and it does show two different sizes... The ones I ordered are 10mm. Smitty

How about these from our forum supporter SportBikeEffects....

11970s.jpg

11970s.jpg
These be the ones I've got, from Sportbikeffects, no less.

Install was a little tricky, but if you remove the black gasket first with a fine pick, insert in rim, and then push the threaded aluminum part through, it all goes together nicely.

I don't think I could have gotten the edge of the gasket to fit all the way around the hole in the rim without rolling up at the edge, if it had not been removed from the valve first. A little tire lube helps to get the valve in through the gasket.

No complaints, :D

Shane

11970s.jpg
I have those and they fit and work well. Sure takes the PITA factor down for checking air pressure. Since our most recent forum mishap was partly blamed on improper tire pressure, anything that makes it easier to check pressure is a good thing.
Linky

Very happy with my SBE 90's. And Jeff walked me through the install too. :D
+1

I did have a problem with getting a socket on the nut inside the rim. Had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to tighten the nut. Hope I got the right amount of torque on the nut. Its not leaking, yet.

Bill

Sure takes the PITA factor down for checking air pressure. Since our most recent forum mishap was partly blamed on improper tire pressure, anything that makes it easier to check pressure is a good thing.
Bingo. Since I tested and retested my guage and could not duplicate the false reading, one theory that I have is that I may have positioned the guage in such a fashion that it was hitting the rim on expansion and not extending fully to indicate the correct pressure. No way for me to know for sure, but these little jewels will take that possiblity out of the equation.

I have the SBE's waiting to be installed at the next tire change too.

Since tire pressure is so important, these should be standard issue.

Putting air in the Fej and checking it is a royal PITA, which will soon be fixed. :)

i ran into the same problem with a set i got from cycle gear. they couldn't get them to seal. had to go with standard rubber stems. next tire swap i'll try again.

i've not had major problems checking pressure because i use an accugage.

https://www.motoworldracing.com/accugage-ho...ccessories.html

They shipped them today. I will let everyone know how they work.. I did check my Parts unlimited book and it does show two different sizes... The ones I ordered are 10mm. Smitty
Sorry Smitty, but your wheels do not have 10mm holes.

Sorry Smitty, but your wheels do not have 10mm holes.

Guys, pass on these valve stems.. The FJR rim hole is approx 11.3mm. I will end up sending these back, or ebaying them. Just a reminder.... Being a cheap ass will cost you $$$$. This deal did.. :( I will order tonight from a fellow FJR owner/rider Sport Effects :) .

Smitty :dribble: