90 degree valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hellofaride

Reaction score
I would like to install 90 degree valve stems next time i change tires.

I thought i heard somewhere about a wheel balance issue ????

anybody using them ?

The original stem and the 90 degree are of so similar weight that any residual potential balance issue is more than easily compensated for when they balance the new tires. Great items as you'll find if you search on 90 degree valve stem site:fjrforum.com at Google as well as one of our very few preferred dealers on the forum, Bikeeffects that offers the stems.

They work very well.

They are awesome.

Bike Effects has them (with a forum discount).

When you install them, make sure you install them pointing out the right side, so that when the bike is on the kickstand they are easier to use.

-MD

They are awesome.

When you install them, make sure you install them pointing out the right side, so that when the bike is on the kickstand they are easier to use.

-MD
Ditto on all counts. B)

Excellent farkle, no downsides to it (and Bike Effects has the best service).

Stef

Gunny! on all points above.

I would add to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS before installing. Use some tire snot/tire lube on the rubber washer and install it into the opening first (as recommended by the instructions).

Those rank right up there with the weed-eater and plastic plumbing as "greatest inventions of all time."

Doesn't the air get all bunched up and confused at the bend, though?
It probably does but maybe confused air takes up more space so you don't need as much.

Sorry but its Friday and I am tired of looking at ice on my road.

The 90 degree stems make life better.

Those rank right up there with the weed-eater and plastic plumbing as "greatest inventions of all time."
Hey, don't forget the pressure washer!

Instant gratification/results for men, improved cleanliness for women.

And OBTW, I've heard that nitrogen molecules don't bend as easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't the air get all bunched up and confused at the bend, though?
It doesn't if you use the -90 degree nozzle that comes bundled with the valves. If you don't have that with you need approx 45% more air pressure to fill the tires. I haven't found this to be an issue on the road though as most gas station pumps easily handle that requirement.

I'm not sure about the Slime pump though. I heard their 90 degree compatible version was still in beta. I've pre-ordered one and will right up a full report with pictures when it arrives.

90 degree valve stems are the kittie's titties. I highly recommend them. As stated, mount pointing to the right side. I've had them thru a couple of sets of tires w/ no balancing issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are awesome.

-MD
<I like the the valve stems that Jeff sells, but don't expect the forum discount since the total for just the stems is under the $50 threshold for the discount. I discovered that last week when I ordered mine.>