90 Degree Valve Stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
This farkle has the best HTV (hype to value) ratio of any you'll do.

I see your "best HTV ratio" and raise you....

all_valves.jpg

all_valves.jpg
I fold, you win. Mirrors are second best.

I just ordered some of those from Jeff at Bike Effects.
Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Smart move. :)

I wish I'd put these 90s on every bike I've ever owned. Haven't burned my arm on a hot brake disc since I've put 'em on.

all_valves.jpg
I fold, you win. Mirrors are second best.

I just ordered some of those from Jeff at Bike Effects.
Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Smart move. :)

I wish I'd put these 90s on every bike I've ever owned. Haven't burned my arm on a hot brake disc since I've put 'em on.
I think the mirrors are better than the horns because I use them more than I use the horns, but IMLTHO the horns are third, HTV-wise.

Should we start an HTV thread?

I must admit the lack of decent horns on new bikes mystifies me. They don't have to be air horms, but surely the difference in price between the pathetic little squakers that come with a new Japanese bike and a simple blaster can't be that much when purchased in the quantities the big four can buy.

Well, to continue the hijack, a fellow rider I work with recently found one of those "stored in a barn under a tarp for 25 years" deals we all dream about.

Bought an '83 Goldwing SE with only 8k miles on it for just $2000. It looks like it just left the factory.

First thing he did, after cleaning the chipmunk droppings out of the airbox, was install THREE Stebels.

Yep...not a typo...THREE!

If will make your EYES shoot blood it's so loud!

Never occurred to me to check/adjust tire pressure when the tires are anything but cold, so for me these fall squarely into the 'nice to have' category versus 'need to have'. Personally, I'd put the Audiovox CC at the top of the HTV list. It doesn't especially look good, and most people won't even know you have it, but damn it's sweet out on the road.

dbx

I think the mirrors are better than the horns because I use them more than I use the horns, but IMLTHO the horns are third, HTV-wise.
Should we start an HTV thread?

I must admit the lack of decent horns on new bikes mystifies me. They don't have to be air horms, but surely the difference in price between the pathetic little squakers that come with a new Japanese bike and a simple blaster can't be that much when purchased in the quantities the big four can buy.
Two things I'll probably never do to a bike are horns and a headlight modulator. In the 2 1/2 years that I had my '05, I used the (stock) horns 3 times, and all 3 times I made sure I was way out in the country with no one else around. IMHO, loud horns are nothing compared to the throttle and brakes, and I can't see myself ever using the horn in a situation that's better served by getting the hell outta there. :glare:

dbx

Never occurred to me to check/adjust tire pressure when the tires are anything but cold, so for me these fall squarely into the 'nice to have' category versus 'need to have'. Personally, I'd put the Audiovox CC at the top of the HTV list. It doesn't especially look good, and most people won't even know you have it, but damn it's sweet out on the road.

dbx
Guess you've never had to fill a tire post-repair on the side of the road with glowing hot discs, have ya?

Plus, keeps your hands and arms clean during pre-ride top-ups.

I got the 90deg air doohickies on my bike...I find it EASIER to check my tire pressure and I lose less air trying to the my gauge on it properly..

I also check almost daily, because of its convienience... Where before I checked every 3-5 days.

So, yes, for safety too

Well, to continue the hijack, a fellow rider I work .....
Resist the urge!

One subject per thread folks.

Go start another thread if you start to feel the urge to say something like, "Sorry for the thread hijaak...."

This one is about valve stems...not Gold Wings.

dbx
Guess you've never had to fill a tire post-repair on the side of the road with glowing hot discs, have ya?

Plus, keeps your hands and arms clean during pre-ride top-ups.
What's the point if you never check yer tyre pressure?

Well, to continue the hijack, a fellow rider I work .....
Resist the urge!

One subject per thread folks.

Go start another thread if you start to feel the urge to say something like, "Sorry for the thread hijaak...."

This one is about valve stems...not Gold Wings.
I think you should have started a thread about hi-jacking threads :)

But I concurr, the 90 degree stems are worth every penny.

dbx
No, I can't say that I have. Either you're mighty quick with the gooey worms/patch kit or those rotors retain heat for a long time! :rolleyes:

And exit the things to the correct side of the bike. My wife's Kawasaki was nice enough to come with a 90 on the rear, but the damn thing exits left. Kind of a bitch on a low-slung cruiser with only a kick-stand.