90mm HID driving lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting.

At $670, they ain't cheap. Of course none of the top one's are. Still, someone who monitors Amazon can regularly can score a great deal on various HID Aux lights.

The chart shows a range of about 380m. The chart Hella shows for the FF200 Xenon range is about 425m. For the Micra DE's, about 310m.

Interesting looking light, but not sure I would want to be the guinea pig.

So who's going to try them?

Thanks for the FYI Peter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are FutureVisionHID GE bulbs really General Electronics like they state, or are they actually a name brand like General Electric?

90mm = 3.5" wide and 102mm = 4" deep, according to the propaganda.

Weight is still a mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.
At $670, they ain't cheap. Of course none of the top one's are. Still, someone who monitors Amazon can regularly can score a great deal on various HID Aux lights.

The chart shows a range of about 380m. The chart Hella shows for the FF200 Xenon range is about 425m. For the Micra DE's, about 310m.

Interesting looking light, but not sure I would want to be the guinea pig.

So who's going to try them?

Thanks for the FYI Peter.
I was lucky enough to get the last set of G4's bruno had. I think these are the light housings he had made in taiwan. The housing is ment to be a close copy of the G 4.

The price is the same as the G4's,, Bruno claims he sold the g4's for little or no profit.

I was lucky enough to get the last set of G4's bruno had. I think these are the light housings he had made in taiwan. The housing is ment to be a close copy of the G 4.The price is the same as the G4's,, Bruno claims he sold the g4's for little or no profit.
From the pics it looks like these new lights have a bigger housing than the 4G's, but but maybe that's an illusion since the lenses are a smaller diameter. These have a different reflector design than the 4G's too.

HID aux lighting is like TV's and computers - newer/smaller/lighter incarnations popping up regularly. If only the price would follow similar (downward) trends.