A-Data compact flash cards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James

Reaction score
Looking for a bigger memory card for my Garmin 2610, & I found a decent deal on an A-DATA compact memory card click here& wondered if anyone had any problems with that brand card in their GPS. Thanks.

Have you double checked whether a card bigger than 2GB will work in a 2610? I seem to remember reading something about the 2610 being limitted to 2GB.

Have you double checked whether a card bigger than 2GB will work in a 2610? I seem to remember reading something about the 2610 being limitted to 2GB.
They have a 2GB for 13.75 as well. The manual doesn't say, but I do remember something like that. Not sure if for that model or not. But I know some devices like one brand or another better & was curious if this was one of them.

I bought a 1 gig caed at Radio Shack (Circuit City here in Canada) and it didn't want to load maps. Got it replaced and the second one didn't work either. Got my money back. Called Gramin tech support and he said to get one from a reputable manufacturer. I bought another one it at Staples Office supplies and it works fine. Stay away from the cheap ones.

2gb is the limit in the 2610; get SanDisk, preferably the Ultra II (quicker speed). (no affiliation with the vendor in the link ...

LINKY

I bought a used 2610 and it came with a 512mb card. It's adequate if you want to load 1/4 of the US. With the 2gb I can load *every* map west of the Mississippi river with room to spare. I could probably load most of the eastern US, but as of today, I don't have plans to head off that direction.

Latest posts