A few mods completed...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
Here's some stuff I accomplished when I got back. The first two show just how awesome the wifey is! We live in a townhouse and don't have a garage so she let me bring the FJR inside so I could work on it during a rainy and cold weekend in comfort with power for my drill RIGHT there! WHAT A GAL!

fjrinside2.jpg
FJR INSIDE!!!

fjrinside1.jpg
Different indoor angle!

img0015fo.jpg
Russell rear seat for the wifey, backrest on the Givi E52 I put on (with givi rack), and a custom front seat I bought off the classifieds.

img0014c.jpg
Front shot of the bike (you can see the sliders I put on it).

img0013j.jpg
Slider installed and cut into the fairing (MAN was I nervous!)

img0012aq.jpg
V-Strom handguards and RAM balls

img0011ee.jpg
Radioshack 12V adaptor (constant power, fused)

img0010id.jpg
Alex's Reflective Decals on saddlebags and E52

img0009mj.jpg
Side of the saddlebag reflective decal

A few more things to do. Gotta get the valve's checked, engine and final drive oils changed, I have some springs to put in the front forks and change that oil, and I bought reflective "FJR1300" decals from Alex that I'll replace the stock ones on the front fairing with, and I have another reflective strip I'll put on the front cowling (on the sides). Also gonna have them put stainless steel brake lines on the front brakes.

I also put a plug-and-play headlight modulators on and they work great and have my GPS power wired to the battery (constant power, fused) and stashed somewhere in the mess of cables.

Feeling pretty good and I'll be set in a few weeks with everything all set and nothing but very basic maintenance to do during the summer.

Alexi

Last edited by a moderator:
All yer image links are busted-ass. Getting the URL out of your post and trying it by itself gives the ol' 404 Not Found.

Mayhaps your Imageshack folder is private?

Good job dude. I don't think I would test your marital relationship by doing the oil and filter and final drive fluid change inside the condo, :dribble: though. Wait for a good day outside for those things, :rolleyes: . Why do you feel a need for the stainless steel cable replacements?

doctorj

Good going there Alexi, enjoy your enthusiasm about getting your farkles on and sharing them; Keep it up.

Nothing wrong with some fresh excitement about owning a great bike.

GPS, directly wired to the battery; might wanna be careful with that one. We all tend to forget every now and again. If you want it to stay active, it should give you a lost power option to just go off internal battery power.

For me, I don't dare leave it on the bike, if I am gonna be getting off in a public place. Uh, because, well, I got mine from a pawn shop, and let's just say many people don't sell their GPS's with all their personal info still saved in them.

Keep the sprited new ownership fire going dude!

GPS, directly wired to the battery; might wanna be careful with that one. We all tend to forget every now and again. If you want it to stay active, it should give you a lost power option to just go off internal battery power. For me, I don't dare leave it on the bike, if I am gonna be getting off in a public place.
Well, one reason was I didn't want to try to tap into a switched power wire. I don't leave my GPS on the bike either. I take it off going in the house and put it in the topbox when I park anywhere. So I'm not too worried about that.

Alexi

PS - Coming soon, some secondhand two bros pipes I bought from these classifieds. Should be here and on by the end of the week. WOO HOO!