A Group Buy on leather jacket and pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toynut

Reaction score
I have been a member of this forum and a couple of others (CBRXX.com and CBR1100XX.org) for some time now.

Recently a thread started by one of the members about a jacket she saw on an Ebay site caught my attention. I decided to pursue the matter and began investigating the opportunity to create a Group Buy on a high quality piece of leather for the membership. While the XX crowd tends to lean a bit more towards the sport GT side of the spectrum, the bike is also very popular as a supersport touring bike in many countries and was Dale's choice for the heroic Butt Burner Gold Hell week. There are quite a few members who have an FJR as well as a Blackbird on this forum as well. I have two of each, myself. This jacket is designed to fit our sport touring needs as well as active riding. I own several First Manufacturing garments that have held up extremely well in all sorts of riding conditions.

The price on the either jacket will run $185.00 + S&H Men's or women's version (3X and larger +$10.00), the pants are $110.00 + S&H.

I was able to find a manufacturer (with a good reputation and a real brick and mortar location in New York ) First Manufacturing, that offered us a great deal on a jacket that would be available customized with some additional detailing for the XX membership. They offered to do an optional back patch ( CBR1100XX) for the group but would consider shipping the jacket plain or with an FJR theme patch, provided that they do not infringe on any trademarks.

I am posting links to the original threads here for the FJRforum members for their consideration. As you can read through them (the CBR1100XX.org site must be registered to view), a fair amount of research was involved to get to the final product. I will post some pics here later today and try to get a sticky done for your consideration.

Thank you in advance!

This is the first thread :

https://www.cbrxx.com/riding-gear-luggage-e...08-pricing.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts