A new battery possibility?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phugedaboudet

Reaction score
Found these on another forum today:

https://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProduc...amp;collection=

They're small, lighter and more expensive. I havent done the research to see if the amp-hours and current outputs are comparable. Outside my curent budget, but if they last longer, reduce some of the top-heavyness, and can maintain charge even after spending the night cold-soaking around 30 degrees, they might be worth it.

"Rating = 4.6Ah"
No thanks.
"$250"

No thanks.

The theory about the 4.6 Ah is that the battery is capable of sufficient surge current to start the vehicle, thereafter the vehicle's electrical needs will be provided by the alternator. Don't turn the key on and dillydally before starting, be sure everything is off before the key is switched on. There is also a small issue of the cell voltages producing an output voltage that is 'different' than conventional batteries (3.2V/cell vs Li-Ion 3.6/cell). By adding cells in parallel the Ah issue can be improved at some serious cost $$$

The real issue that needs looking into is for this particular battery is the type of doping at the cathode/anode. I ass-ume that this battery is capable of 100% charging. Most of the A123 batteries have between 1000-3000 cycle life ratings.