A Second Riding Gear Co. here in my little town..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
They guy that owns Joe Rocket lives in Idaho Falls. I see him rolling around in his black BMW M6 with plates "JOEROCK". Now, a pretty young guy started a company called KLIM ("climb") here several years ago and it's really taking off.

They sell ultra-nice snowmobile gear, but apparently are getting into "enduro" or road gear now too.

I was surprised to see the rider in Yamaha's promo pics and videos for the Super Tenere wearing their gear...

11adv_sptn1200_blu_a3_dis_ca4b52e9.jpg

You can get your own jacket just like his, only $1,299.99!

https://www.klimusa.com/product/Klim-Advent...cket,209,99.htm

Group Buy? Maybe I could run down to their shop and talk them down to a grand each, if we could get say 100 orders together :lol:

Thanks for the link. The jacket price is ridiculous, however they have some reasonably priced pants that look like they are well made. Definitely deserves a closer look.

Thanks for the link. The jacket price is ridiculous, however they have some reasonably priced pants that look like they are well made. Definitely deserves a closer look.
i have their gear for snowmobiles. They are top notch stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: Not some cheap GM like crud

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW...sounds like a great jacket. At that price, I have to wonder if its a full service "overnight companion" when you stop for the night? :blink:

I have a less than positive review of Klim. I purchased one of their waterproof shells for use snowboarding and snowmobiling. I used the jacket for 3 sessions, and the waterproof lining on the inside of the goretex started flaking off in several spots on the back. I sent the jacket back to them for repair/replacement after only 2 months.

About 3 months later I got the same jacket back, with no repairs. There was a note inside saying the damage was something I caused, and not a defect covered under warranty. The only possible way I could have damaged the jacket was sitting in a chairlift. Somehow I don't see that as "abuse" for a product meant to endure motorsports.

I basically paid $100 a day to rent a waterproof jacket, with nothing but a windbreaker to show for it in the end. While the gear was working, it was nice. But my negative experience with the gear holding up and the subsequent lack of customer service will prevent me from paying their ridiculous prices in the future.

Look at what the rider is wearing in the new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 add. Yamaha & Klim have some sort of a deal going. I know they did with snowmoblie wear and now...
So Niehart...with your vast means, why don't you buy the gear so your riding buddies can check it out... ;)

--G

If I spend $1300 on a jacket, it better be built to last the rest of my natural life no matter what I do to it. AND, it better come with one of those umbrella girls to assist me in putting it on.

I rode the 2007 IBR in a Klim snowmobile jacket and set of bibs....still got wet in the 36 hour torture fest from St. Louis to Boston. But, then so did everybody else.

They were the shit when I was snowmobiling.

And they had Klim at the national event and I checked out an overpriced jacket. Still think the Aerostich stuff is better....more water resistant (fully taped seasm).....at a far better price. ;)

BTW, here's Joe Rocket's Ride. Man if I owned that company, I would do NOTHING but interview, select, and discuss company policy with umbrella girls all day. :D

JoeRocket.jpg