A Winters Tail

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
For the last few weeks I've gone out to my parked ( since early July ) FJR and sat on the seat, hoping to feel zero coccyx pain. Well that finally happened last night, so this morning I changed the oil, threw in a fresh battery, and headed East without a clue as to where I was headed.

I wound up at a State Park out east I'd never seen, and found a cool bonus for a future rally on the way. Mitchell Caverns in the Mojave National Preserve is worth a visit if you're swinging through.

Extra bonus was another Park stamp for my NPT ride that needs to get finished up fairly soon before weather up north gets too bad. Only 4 states to go.

Oh my, the joy of flat out desert riding, passing a large stampede ( in slo-mo, doncha know ) of Hogs, and just BEING out on the road. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Near home I sneak attacked GunMD and of course he offered me a beer. That was a damn tasty beer Gun, many thanks. Dinner at Ramona's is going down pretty tough though.<G> I think they need to add more garlic to that fine sand soup we tried. Yuck.

But no matter. I survived my own brand of winter lay-off, and now many miles await. Good to be back in the Russell folks. Good to be back.

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear your ass is back in action my friend! :p

As we northerners have our leash severely shortened by snow-covered mountain passes in the sub-tank range we are starting to go into our local hibernation mode and prepare for Spring time adventures.

I might get a reprieve though since I have a plane ticket to Tucson for Christmas and try and visit the Art-man and Playa-Biffer. Rumor has it I might get to borrow a bike for a little Yuletide pick-me-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
:clapping: Good for you George! Glad you`re back in the saddle.

No more running in the rain (or with sissors either) :D

Yo, GZ ...

We missed your ... ah..... well ..... ASS around here - :lol:

Glad to see you're back in the saddle - and hopefully you've stopped walking funny ... B)

Me thinks there's some smoke rings in your future -

See you on the 18th !!

KD

But no matter. I survived my own brand of winter lay-off, and now many miles await. Good to be back in the Russell folks. Good to be back.
GZ
Welcome back George. Glad the tail-end has healed. See you down the road.

dougc

Great news GZ! Must feel good after so long.

Hmmm Mitchell Caverns, nice. I was just a stone's through away last week. Business trip to Las Vegas, took the back road, nice to see they've paved the Amboy Rd., business trips that are quicker by FJR than flying are my favorite, wouldn't miss one. I'm a company man - ya know ;)

tel

For the last few weeks I've gone out to my parked ( since early July ) FJR and sat on the seat, hoping to feel zero coccyx pain. Well that finally happened last night, so this morning I changed the oil, threw in a fresh battery, and headed East without a clue as to where I was headed.<snip>

Good to be back.

GZ
Its good to hear you are back riding. I know what a pain in the a$$ you were....I mean..had! (Sheesh) Glad you are back to gathering bonus locations.

Mario

Glad to hear your riding again. But us northerners are force to experience that separation every year so your not getting any sympathy from me. :p

Is the Spank coming back next year? I think I'm ready for a multi-day rally.

Derek

Per my siggy... you were in the first part... now you've migrated to the second.

Good to hear you're back in the saddle...

Take it easy? Sho nuff. I'll just stay in LA and not venture very far.<G>

I Ride, come over anytime, maybe today. The rain should soften it up and I've got dinner covered.

GZ

Can't today. I'm in Dallas until tomorrow, will be back up the hill on Wed. Thanks for the dinner offer, perhaps a rain check? (pun intended) I took a job in D.C... dude. I'll add washing it to my list of things to do before I leave the desert. See you in a few? Might come out solo, unfortunately.

JH

Bearly Flying- thanks for the heads up.