A2DP Stereo Interphone in UK!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcrdude

Reaction score
https://www.bt2intercom.co.uk/

Looks like Midland (who made the Interphone) have now improved it with 150 meter intercom and A2DP stereo bluetooth. Midland also makes a bluetooth PMR446 walkie that will also connect.

Now, all they have to do is export both across the pond and we can have everything bluetooth. I wonder if the FCC would mind using a UK walkie over here ;)

UPDATE!!

I got an email reply from Midland and they are working on FCC approval to sell these in the US!!!

I can't believe there has not been more interest in this. I guess most of you have hard wired systems and don't care, but I thought there was previous interest in an A2DP Interphone/Scala Q2 type of comm with pillion intercom and 150 meter range.

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.bt2intercom.co.uk/
Looks like Midland (who made the Interphone) have now improved it with 150 meter intercom and A2DP stereo bluetooth. Midland also makes a bluetooth PMR446 walkie that will also connect.

Now, all they have to do is export both across the pond and we can have everything bluetooth. I wonder if the FCC would mind using a UK walkie over here ;)

UPDATE!!

I got an email reply from Midland and they are working on FCC approval to sell these in the US!!!

I can't believe there has not been more interest in this. I guess most of you have hard wired systems and don't care, but I thought there was previous interest in an A2DP Interphone/Scala Q2 type of comm with pillion intercom and 150 meter range.

Anyone?
There's absolutely an interest. Scala really dropped the ball with the Q2 release in not having A2DP. I'm wired up Starcom1 now but would've gladly gone this route were it available when I needed it. (with some zumo/xm bluetooth integration).

Batteries frustrate me almost as much as wires!

---hc

Latest posts