Adapting the Hydration farkle for versatility

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
I originally bought a Hydration kit on the first go 'round, but soon realized that one wasn't enough. I had been getting by on it by carrying a second thermos container, preloaded with drink and un-drilled lid, in a side case with an emergency gallon container of gas for those long rides. Then, I just swap lids and go, with little delay.

That system still works good, but I bought another base & bag a while back, to use as a food grab. All I needed to do was find a way to stiffen the bag up so it would hold its shape at speed and allow easy access without looking down and back for the zipper handles.

Well, I found that a garden-variety gallon jug was just the ticket, after some custom cutting. The best part is, the sleeve I made can stay in place and will still allow the thermos bottle to be put inside (which should create even more insulation for the container).

FYI- The empty thermos bottle also doubles as a great place to haul along a travel mug full of hot coffee, so I have some fresh home-brew once I get to work. :) Also good for taking along a refilled cup of soda from the fast-food place when you leave!

Pics:

IMG_0404-1.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts