Add-on Luggage Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a new style rack that I recently made that slips over the stock rack. It is held in place using a pair of L-clamps which are just visible under the crossbar. A pair of neoprene strips (included) protect the stock rack. On/off is a 2 minute job.

P3050088a.jpg

Price as shown is $150 + S&H. If you want Galaxy Blue, add $10. If you want it powdercoated in satin black, deduct $10.

Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks! B)

Ooooh! Nice! Can you post a few more piccies at different angles? Will your back rest be accommodated by this rack or is that coming?

Can you put a backrest on it? I was going to get one of your old ones but I had to pay my taxes and that put a damper on my monetary situation.

wow, nice weld beads. Do you use MIG or TIG?

I hope you remain as productive as the 06's get here.

I favor the backrest idea too, but alas, I'm just waiting....

Gary, someone has to get an 06 to you - I gotta have this rack, but I know it won't fit the 06 - Please let us know when it's available ?

Thanks !!

Here's a similar rack that has a removable backrest. This one uses C-clamps that securely attach it to the factory rack. This one is about $100 more than the one on top. I use TIG for all welds which provides much better control than MIG. Thanks for the compliment. Sorry, I can't take more photos of it - it's on it's way to a lucky rider in Canada...

P3020085a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a similar rack that has a removable backrest. This one uses C-clamps that securely attach it to the factory rack. This one is about $100 more than the one on top. I use TIG for all welds which provides much better control than MIG. Thanks for the compliment. Sorry, I can't take more photos of it - it's on it's way to a lucky rider in Canada...
P3020085a.jpg

OK If this if for the "05", how may I acquire this nice lookin piece of equipment? :yahoo: :yahoo:

Nice new rack design garauld.

The L brackets under the cross bar are a great idea !

It does make for easy on / off when it's not needed.

--G

This is a good looking rack (with very nice weld filets). If it goes on and off easily -and- "leaves no trace" (as in blems to the stock rack finish), then I too would like one. Maybe clear tape applied to the rack below neoprene padding would further protect and prevent discoloration? Rather than try to match Cerulean, I'd opt for black powder coat for durability and to compliment other parts of same coloration.

Latest posts