Additional Rear Lighting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunosBP

Reaction score
I am a big fan of always adding additional rear lighting to my bikes to hopefully attract more attention when stopping. With the FJR I have the GIVI trunk with lights and I also purchased a tag holder with brake lights, but I found a very inexpensive light that I wanted to share. It is made by Electrical Connection. It looks exactly like the stock rear reflector on the rear mudflap/fender tail - same size. You can wire it as a brake light or a running light. They also sell a run/brake harness to that you can have dual function if you choose. It is about $25 and does a great job.

If you want a little bit of chrome, Kuryakyn makes a reflector replacement for the Goldwing that is a perfect fit also for the FJR. It is wired as a brake light and running light from the factory. I chose this one for my bike as I like a little bit of chrome. This one costs more.

You can tap into the wire harness under the passenger seat for power.

+1 on the EC reflector light; I have it on my 'Wing, along with a Kissan modulator for the spoiler brakelight. Very effective at keeping tailgaters at bay.

On the FJR I went with Kissan modulated tailights and Hyperlites wired to function as brake lights only...click for video:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big fan of always adding additional rear lighting to my bikes to hopefully attract more attention when stopping. With the FJR I have the GIVI trunk with lights and I also purchased a tag holder with brake lights, but I found a very inexpensive light that I wanted to share. It is made by Electrical Connection. It looks exactly like the stock rear reflector on the rear mudflap/fender tail - same size. You can wire it as a brake light or a running light. They also sell a run/brake harness to that you can have dual function if you choose. It is about $25 and does a great job.
If you want a little bit of chrome, Kuryakyn makes a reflector replacement for the Goldwing that is a perfect fit also for the FJR. It is wired as a brake light and running light from the factory. I chose this one for my bike as I like a little bit of chrome. This one costs more.

Link?

Link?
https://www.electricalconnection.com/other-...ectors-bike.htm

Makes me want to install my brand new Voedesky Cyber lite.

It sure does make a difference - the kissan that is.

Good post - tx.