Adjustable windshield brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in FJR specific Robobrackets for purchase if they were available?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
My 05 FJR already has an adjustable windshield. There is a toggle switch on the left hand grip that makes the windshield go up and down while I'm riding--what will they come up with next?

I guess adding some more adjustment options to our shields couldn't hurt, but with the windshield already being adjustable at the push of a button, I bet demand will be low. Personally, I would not spend money on them.

You do realize that the Gen I owners will be a lot more interested than the Gen II owners, don't you? I'd be interested in brackets that would replace the top arms so the winshield slides up and down without tilting forward like those on the Gen II's

I'm not sure that these would do that, Grumpster. Based on the geometry, about all you'd get is whatever you can do with spacers now.

I had the Madstad brackets on my Vstrom. It was a well made product. And the FJR might be able to benefit from said device. But, yes, since the windshield on the GenII is already adjustable - well, I can't really think of a need for this.

Scott

So in addition to my spacers, how to I angle my windshield back another 10-20 degrees sans rifle angle adjuster?

Interesting product. I don't think I need one for the FJR (unusual for me to decline a possible farkle, I know).

But I'm interested for my KLR650 -- wonder how it would last off-road though. I won't hijack this thread, rather I'll check on another forum.

Cool idea if you feel the FJR's screens are inadequate. Thanks to the OP for showing me something I didn't know about.

My 05 FJR already has an adjustable windshield. There is a toggle switch on the left hand grip that makes the windshield go up and down while I'm riding--what will they come up with next?

So it has a tilt adjustment button too? NEATO!

Are you saying that these brackets can be modified to specifically fit the existing FJR windshield mount bracket?

Or would you be forced to remove the drive mechanism and hard mount the brackets to the fairing?

If this can be adapted to the existing mount bracket to be used in conjuction with existing drive mechanism to get more height at different angles, I would be interested!

This would be a bike specific adaptation that would allow concurrent use with the existing motor. I am mainly interested for more rearward tilt to reduce buffeting that the numerous screens + spacers have yet to eliminate.

I really like riding this bike w/o a screen, but I would also like to have on the fly wind and bug protection if needed.

This would be a bike specific adaptation that would allow concurrent use with the existing motor. I am mainly interested for more rearward tilt to reduce buffeting that the numerous screens + spacers have yet to eliminate.
I really like riding this bike w/o a screen, but I would also like to have on the fly wind and bug protection if needed.
Just an idea, but prove your theory first. Make some spacers out of wood that mimic what you would do with the robobracket and try that on your bike. The movement of the windscreen motor is not going to change, only the angle of the screen attached to it. You may be surprised by what you discover.

Just an idea, but prove your theory first. Make some spacers out of wood that mimic what you would do with the robobracket and try that on your bike. The movement of the windscreen motor is not going to change, only the angle of the screen attached to it. You may be surprised by what you discover.

Already been proven on my vstrom with madstad brackets. I'm not going to risk losing a screen due to wood brackets, but thanks for the suggestion :) !

Already been proven on my vstrom with madstad brackets. I'm not going to risk losing a screen due to wood brackets, but thanks for the suggestion :) !
Beg to differ, you proved that it worked on the strom, not that it will do what you want it to on the FJR's adjustable brackets. Never mind the vastly different fairing designs. Risk losing a screen? How fast do you think you need to go to prove an angle works? Here's a tip, it's not the angle, it's the screen design.

You say you want to reduce buffeting, but you also say you like to ride w/o a screen. And that you want on the fly adjustability. That's a pretty big range of motion.

Any chance you ride with a top box?