Admore Install & Wiring question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
I am finishing up installing the admore LED light kit into my Givi 460E top box, will post pix of the install when done. Before I go splicing and dicing, hoping forum members can help trace the wiring in FJR to map to the admore.

EDIT: ANSWERED IT MYSELF, POSTING HERE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Admore>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FJR>>>Color

Blue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Tail Light)>>>Blue

Red>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(brake light)>>>Yellow

Green>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Right turn signal)>>>Green

Yellow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(left turn signal)>>>Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
Install went longer than it should. Couldn't get the admore to light up, and it took lots of testing with a voltmeter to determine that BOTH the positaps for the running lights and brake lights hadn't pierced their main wires. Odd, I've never had this problem before with using Positaps. A simple reinsertion and twist cured the problem, and the Admore's are lighting up just swell. Will post pix of the install shortly, after I clean up the mess of wires under my seat.

Dave,

I just read your post. give me a call if you have anymore problems, did you get the light kit for the side bags also? I'm thinking of getting them.

Dave,

Glad you resolved the issue. I'd heard and read that Positaps were the shizznit and never heard of "failure" before.

A thread similar to yours mentioned the Admore kit and after looking over their site, their E52 kit looked like the ultimate "visibility" solution to my future Givi E52 planned addtion.

Until you found your "fix", I was originally gonna ponder why Admore hadn't provided a more thorough wiring explanation, but obviously that wasn't the issue.

Safe riding!

Please don't think I am hijacking your thread but I have an Admore question.

After the install, can you still remove the case (as with the Givi light kit) and not have to disconnect the wires?

Hopefully I have made myself clear enough...

Gordon,

Yes you can remove the top box but you have to remember to unhook the connector it's not like the Givi the Ad-More has a waterprof 1/4 twist locking connector.

Dave,
I just read your post. give me a call if you have anymore problems, did you get the light kit for the side bags also? I'm thinking of getting them.

No, just the top box. I like how much more the rear of the bike lights up when stopping and at night, a huge difference!

Gordon,
Yes you can remove the top box but you have to remember to unhook the connector it's not like the Givi the Ad-More has a waterprof 1/4 twist locking connector.
Thanks, Marcus.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger...right now I just shipped my E52 to Gary for some painting!!!

Gordon,
Thanks, Marcus.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger...right now I just shipped my E52 to Gary for some painting!!!
Gordon,

I drilled the hole on the Givi is on the right facing forward and ran the wires through the hole where the side bags hangs, I can send pictures if your not clear, another thing I added was the 3m Solas reflective tape on the E-52 it only has a white plastic behind the red lens, and then mount the Ad-More kit on top of the reflective tape.

Marcus

Thanks for the pointers to Eastern Beaver and the connector. I followed your lead and made a replacement cable that had another connector in the back within inches of the lights. I plan to cut the stock one there at some point to shorten the leads (could have cut the stock on in the first place and insert a set of connectors but I wanted to confirm functionality first).

I do have question for those with other years FJR, do they use the same connector? I know your 2008 and my 2009 have the same one. This would suggest 2007-2010 would at least have the same, but what about earlier models?

I've had the Admore light kit for my E55 on my farkle list for awhile now. I finally pulled the trigger on the kit along with some 90 degree valve stems.

Premier Cycle had both along with a FJR specific wire harness for the FJR-Admore light kit that connects to the existing OEM coupler (no wire taps required) for $15.00 more.

The image is copy-write protected, so here is the LINK.

I bought a brake light modulator (flasher) a long time ago. Thinking about inserting it in the E55 at time of install.