Aeromoto Dry Tour Boots Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been considering waterproof boots. Have you ridden in a steady rain yet with them? My biggest concern is, do they stay waterproof for hours? I've done 300+ miles in steady rain and found my "waterproof" boots weren't after an extended period.

I've been considering waterproof boots. Have you ridden in a steady rain yet with them? My biggest concern is, do they stay waterproof for hours? I've done 300+ miles in steady rain and found my "waterproof" boots weren't after an extended period.
I have a worn them on a long ride that was mostly wet with periods of rain and I have worn them on shorter rides in steady rain. I had my rain suit on and the rain pants were over the top of the boots so there really wasn't a lot of boot exposed, but in my use of the boots my feet never got wet.

The Sliders gloves that I reviewed have been through it all so far. I know they are gloves and not boots, but they have the same Hipora liner and they are both Competition Accessories products. They have been very waterproof and have not let me down.

Nice write-up and as I'm looking for a new pair of boots I'll consider these. My question as I'm considering WP or not, these being WP, do you think they'll be too hot on a 90-ish day vs. a non-WP boot?

Nice write-up and as I'm looking for a new pair of boots I'll consider these. My question as I'm considering WP or not, these being WP, do you think they'll be too hot on a 90-ish day vs. a non-WP boot?
The hipora is breathable for sure, but I do think they could be pretty warm in the summer months. That is always a trade off for WP stuff though. They are not insulated so I don't think they will be any hotter than other non-perforated touring boots, but I can't say for sure since I haven't worn them in the hot temps yet. Since they were just released I doubt anybody has yet.