• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aerostich Darien Light HiViz

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this Darien Light used in my preferred HiViz color, but only wore it myself a couple of times. The jacket is an XL, which is too big for me, and why I am parting with this one. Aerostich has changed their sizing on current Dariens to numeric chest sizes. I have a 44" chest by tape measurement, but I generally would buy an XL jacket. I would say that this jacket is more like a 48 or a traditional 2XL. I've picked up another used Darien Light HiViz (with considerably more road grime) in size 44 and that fits me better.

The jacket is in good overall shape for its age (The "born on" date enscribed in the front pocket says 4-13-06 ) and is actually fairly clean looking considering that the HiViz color tends to show road grime pretty badly. All zippers, tabs and velcro are present and work as they should. The only "flaw" in the jacket is a section of the inner Gore-Tex lining has worn/torn away in the collar area. The outer cordura shell is still intact. I believe this happened due to using one of their optional back-pads in it (which is not included). It should be pretty easily repaired with some GoreTex repair tape. It does include the standard aerostich elbow and shoulder armor.

Jacket with armor pads removed

100_3597.jpg

100_3599.jpg

A little wear on the rear reflective patch

100_3601.jpg

Worn area on the neck

100_3598.jpg

If you are looking at this, you probably already know that these GoreTex, all-weather riding jackets cost $437 new.

There is still a lot of wear left in this one. I'm asking $200 for it plus actual shipping cost.

Will accept Private Paypal (preferred actually) and will provide you instructions.